Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macro for Converting BibleWorks Greek & Hebrew to Unicode?

Default bwcom

Quote Originally Posted by ralphza View Post
    You write
    >"
    >Before using the macros copy the attached file named bwcom.exe to some convenient place, like your BibleWorks base directory. Then run it (double click it). >It will register itself with the system so you don't have to run it again thereafter. This provides some code that the macros will use to speed up the conversions.
    >"

I trust you but can you give some information about what what exactly is this EXE file that you suggest installing to "speed up the conversions"?

Is it something you wrote? Or something somebody else wrote that you renamed? Something that you could have as a DLL? What is it?

Also I can't actually see where to download the attached file. I can't see it attached
    bwcom.exe used to be distributed with BW7 many, many years ago. The functionality that it contains is now in the BW program and the data (character tables and conversion routines) in the program is more up to date. So I don't recommend using bwcom.

Mike

Question Have old files with BWHebb and BWGrkl - how can I convert to Unicode

From perusing the forum, it looks like this issue has not been addressed in many years. My question--is there a conversion macro or program to convert BWHebb and BWGrkl to Unicode that is compatible with Windows 10?

FYI: I tried the old program 'bwcom.exe' and it would not execute. So I did not try to edit the macros in Word (Office 365, which I believe is Word 2016).

Thank you for any help on this,
    Ed Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Taylor View Post
    From perusing the forum, it looks like this issue has not been addressed in many years. My question--is there a conversion macro or program to convert BWHebb and BWGrkl to Unicode that is compatible with Windows 10?

FYI: I tried the old program 'bwcom.exe' and it would not execute. So I did not try to edit the macros in Word (Office 365, which I believe is Word 2016).

Thank you for any help on this,
    Ed Taylor
    Im just trying to solve the same issue.
    I could convert BWGrkl to Unicode using the older Macro by John Kendall, found in this forum, that doesnt use the bwcom. Ive uploaded it here, so you can use it. It worked great for Greek on Windows10 and Word2016.
    Did you get an error with BWCOM.EXE or what happened? Im thinking about trying it, to solve the Hebrew-Conversion.
    Regards
    Mike
    BWtoUnicodeMacro.zip