Thread: Does BW9 code work woth BW10 install?

Default Does BW9 code work woth BW10 install?

Hello, I've gone off the tools for a while and looked to get back into it. I've got a purchased set of BW9 discs and the registration code. However, I dont have a disc drive. I downloaded BW10 and enter my registration code, however, I get an error saying that no code has been entered.

Two questions Im hoping for answers with:

1) Does the code for BW9 work with BW10?
    2) How many times can I use the registration code? I bought it back in 2014 and I've had a heap of different computers since then.

Im bummed to see BW has stopped development. Perhaps it could be released open source seeing it has run its course?

I do not know the answer to 1.) or 2.) but you may want to considered buying or barrowing a portable CD drive.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I do not know the answer to 1.) or 2.) but you may want to considered buying or barrowing a portable CD drive.
    Charlie
    Thanks Charlie. I've managed to get it working with a complicated process with an ancient imac running linux, three USB thumbdrives and a windows program called 'virtual clone drive'.

Would still like to know the answers to 1) and 2) though.

Blessings and peace to all in Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by AgntRndy View Post
    Two questions Im hoping for answers with:
    1) Does the code for BW9 work with BW10?
    2) How many times can I use the registration code? I bought it back in 2014 and I've had a heap of different computers since then.
    This is not an authoritative answer, but my understanding is:
    1) The activation code for BW9 is specific to BW9. It will not work for BW10. The activation codes for BW include the version number as the first part of the code.
    The activation codes for purchased additional resources (like HALOT or BDAG) will work for any recent version of BW (I think BW8+)
    2) I don't think there is a published limit to the number of times the activation code for a copy of BW can be used. I do remember seeing posts on the forum by people who had exceeded the limit, and had to get BW support to intervene.

--Jim