Thread: Change Background Color and Font Color

Default Change Background Color and Font Color

How do you change the background away from the overwhelming white to black or gray? I found one post about changing it via the *.css file but they failed to mention where the css file is located.

Thank you.

Default No One?

Quote Originally Posted by drhoads View Post
    How do you change the background away from the overwhelming white to black or gray? I found one post about changing it via the *.css file but they failed to mention where the css file is located.

Thank you.
    No one has an answer for this? Is it so hard to get a dark mode?

Default darkmode

Dear drhoads, I dont know, but

MaryMorgan wrote05.07.2020:

Please check CSSfile it should be named as main.css or app-style.css and search"body" in code. There you will find backgorund option inside that putcolor code you want. and yes that's it!

Aus<https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...ight=dark+mode>

Write to Marypersonally, she can certainly help you!
    God bless you,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Dear drhoads, I dont know, but

MaryMorgan wrote05.07.2020:

Please check CSSfile it should be named as main.css or app-style.css and search"body" in code. There you will find backgorund option inside that putcolor code you want. and yes that's it!

Aus<https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...ight=dark+mode>

Write to Marypersonally, she can certainly help you!
    God bless you,
    Peter
    Yes, I know. That is the one I referred to in my original post. I searched for the files and could not find either of them. I cannot find any .css files. Thank you for trying.

Go into the BW Options Window (gear icon).
    On the top left click on "Program Colors" under the "General" heading.
    Choose from the "Predefined Color Schemes" or play around with it.
    Is this what you wanted?
    Christ's,
    Mark Eddy

No. None of these change the background color from white to something else.

There is a Registry hack that might help you. Here is where I found it: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

I went looking for this because older versions of Windows had setup options to customize all the Windows interface colors. They no longer have a nice place to do that, but you can do it in the Registry, if you really want to. I was trying to change the standard background for all applications--including BW--to something softer that didn't bother my eyes as much after being on the computer all day. Not all applications honor it, and those that do are kind of weird sometimes. For example, in my word processor (LibreOffice Writer), the drop-down lists for selecting styles, fonts, and font sizes, and the page rulers use my custom tan color, but the document itself is still plain white.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlMorton View Post
    There is a Registry hack that might help you. Here is where I found it: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

I went looking for this because older versions of Windows had setup options to customize all the Windows interface colors. They no longer have a nice place to do that, but you can do it in the Registry, if you really want to. I was trying to change the standard background for all applications--including BW--to something softer that didn't bother my eyes as much after being on the computer all day. Not all applications honor it, and those that do are kind of weird sometimes. For example, in my word processor (LibreOffice Writer), the drop-down lists for selecting styles, fonts, and font sizes, and the page rulers use my custom tan color, but the document itself is still plain white.
    I went looking for this because older versions of Windows had setup options to customize all the Windows interface colors. They no longer have a nice place to do that, but you can do it in the Registry, if you really want to. I was trying to change the standard background for all applications--including BW--to something softer that didn't bother my eyes as much after being on the computer all day. Not all applications honor it, and those that do are kind of weird sometimes. For example, in my word processor (LibreOffice Writer), the drop-down lists for selecting styles, fonts, and font sizes, and the page rulers use my custom tan color, but the document itself is still plain white.[/QUOTE]

Hi Earl,

I went right to the registry and changed the Windows background to 33.33.33 and the text to white. It did change the background in BW but not everything in BW plays along with it. See picture. I would like it if there was a CSS files to modify. It would be much cleaner. Thank you for you help.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  207.3 KB

This is probably the best I will be able to get.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  150.7 KB

All of the options stink so far. I can't believe being able to change the white background is an after thought. Amazing!