Thread: The font size for tabs in analysis window & drop-down menus just shrunk. How to fix?

Default The font size for tabs in analysis window & drop-down menus just shrunk. How to fix?

The font size for the tabs at the top of the analysis window, and also the font size for all the drop-down menus (File, View, Search, etc) have all suddenly shrunk.
    Can anyone help me know how to enlarge them, or return them to the default size?
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    The font size for the tabs at the top of the analysis window, and also the font size for all the drop-down menus (File, View, Search, etc) have all suddenly shrunk.
    Can anyone help me know how to enlarge them, or return them to the default size?
    Thank you very much!
    I would expect all text to have shrunk, including text in the Browse Window, Search Window results, Analysis Window contents.
    My first suggestion is:
    Main Menu / View / Scaling Options ...
    On the "BibleWorks Scaling" window that pops up change the "Scale factor", set "System scaling option" to "BibleWorks scales itself (best resolution)", click on "OK".
    BibleWorks will then shut down and restart.
    If that doesn't help, try doing the same thing, but for "System scaling option" select "Windows scales BibleWorks (best compatibility)", and click on "OK".

If this doesn't help, it is possible that your configuration (.ini) file is corrupted.

--Jim

I've played with the scaling, and have more experimenting to do.
    But I wanted to mention that when I use Microsoft Word, the fonts for menus are normal. But when I am in Whatsapp, and click on their "document" icon, and then open Word, the fonts in Word have shrunk.
    Does that shed any light on what's going on?
    Also, if my .ini file has been corrupted, what can I do?

Thank you so much.
    Steve Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    I've played with the scaling, and have more experimenting to do.
    But I wanted to mention that when I use Microsoft Word, the fonts for menus are normal. But when I am in Whatsapp, and click on their "document" icon, and then open Word, the fonts in Word have shrunk.
    Does that shed any light on what's going on?
    Also, if my .ini file has been corrupted, what can I do?

Thank you so much.
    Steve Fuller
    The fact that is sometimes affects Word makes it look like something has happened to your Windows settings. I can't help you with that -- Windows in general is a mystery, and I am still using Windows7. In BW10 Help, section "68 Setup Options" has a subsection "BibleWorks Scaling Options". (You can also get to that section of Help by: Main Menu / View / Scaling Options, and press F1 with your cursor in that popup window).
    That discussion mentions a Windows scale factor: "Keep in mind that Windows itself may also have a scale factor set. Under Windows 10 you can right click on the desktop and select Display Settings to see if a system scale factor is set." This may help you find out what Windows is doing.

The simplest, and most drastic, way to deal with a corrupted .ini file is to delete it. This wipes out all of your preferences, resets everything to BW defaults, including the Search Window tab, so it is a last resort. One way to do this is: when BW is not running, hold down "shift" key while starting BW. A "BibleWorks Trouble-Shooting Options" screen will display. Under Option 1 select "Delete the BW1000.INI file." Click on "Perform the selected options and run Bibleworks" (the button under the Option 1 heading). If you want to keep your Search Tabs, you can save them to a file, but you need to move them to a directory BW doesn't know about or they will be deleted when you delete the main .ini file. To backup your BW1000.ini file, which is in the base BibleWorks 10 directory, copy it and rename it.

Hope this is helpful.
    --Jim

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much, Jim! I really appreciate your time and expertise.