Thread: Bibleswork sessions

Question Bibleswork sessions

I want to have an Old Testament session and a New Testament sessions.. I am doing word in both old testment hebrew and new testament greek.. I want to save sessions to make things a little easier. Bibleworks 9

Iím not real sure what you are looking to do but could you utilize the tabs for that?

Default Sessions

I would like one session for my Hebrew studies and another for greek

Quote Originally Posted by lukeh021471 View Post
    I would like one session for my Hebrew studies and another for greek
    I don't know what you mean by "session", so I will suggest 3 possible scenarios.
    1. If you want two environments within one execution of BW, you can use two Search Window tabs, have your display and search versions set for your Hebrew studies in one tab, and your display and search versions set for your Greek studies in another tab. See Help section 12, The Search Window, sub-section titled "Using Tabs". By default the Search Tabs are named 1 through 12, but you can give them meaningful names. You can then switch between these 2 (or 12) environments.
    2. If you want to have both a Hebrew session and a Greek session active at the same time, so you can have them on your screen side by side, you can use the "Clone BibleWorks" feature. See Help section 9 An Overview of the User Interface, sub-section "Cloning BibleWorks". You can then use one of your search tabs in the original copy, and the other search tab in the cloned copy. I think BW will keep some of your user preferences for cloned copies separate from the user preferences for the original copy.
    3. If you want a completely independent environment for each of your sessions, you can use the Configuration Manager. This allows you to have 2 or more complete sets of user preferences, even completely independent note files if you wish. See Help section 60, Setup Options, sub-section "The Configuration Manager" (second last heading in section 60).

I do not usually use options 2 and 3. Occasionally I use option 2 (cloning) when I want to have 2 help files open at the same time. I have tried option 3, to see how/that it works. Option 3 is complicated to understand; unless you understand how BW uses files, and are comfortable with the interface between BW and your computer's operating system, I would not recommend using it.

Note: all references to BW Help are for BW9. BW10 has the same capabilities, but the Help section numbers may be different.

--Jim
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 06-10-2022 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Add reference to BW9/10