Thread: Install BW10 thru Crossover: Failed. Please help.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Install BW10 thru Crossover: Failed. Please help.

Step 1: Successfully installed Crossover trial edition on my Mac.

Step 2: Downloaded the 22GB windows version of BW10.

However, this is an .iso file, and Crossover is looking for an .exe file. How do I find the correct file to choose for install?

[Something happened, and my Mac did attempt an install. But it installed everything in the BW package EXCEPT BW itself. So now I have internet explorer on my Mac, and a "run command" icon. These are the only two things in Crossover when I open it up. The BW install failed. What do I do next?]

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.56.09 AM.png
Views: 231
Size:  336.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jbhamilt View Post
    Step 1: Successfully installed Crossover trial edition on my Mac.

Step 2: Downloaded the 22GB windows version of BW10.

However, this is an .iso file, and Crossover is looking for an .exe file. How do I find the correct file to choose for install?

[Something happened, and my Mac did attempt an install. But it installed everything in the BW package EXCEPT BW itself. So now I have internet explorer on my Mac, and a "run command" icon. These are the only two things in Crossover when I open it up. The BW install failed. What do I do next?]
    I have no idea how things work on a Mac. IN Windows what I did was use my winzip program which opened the ISO image and allowed me to unzip to a folder. The result was a folder full of all the installation files. The needed EXE file is in there. Those are what I use to reload the program when needed. I still have the ISO but don't use it to reinstall. I use the contents from the folder I unzipped it to.

Does that make sense?

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

No idea what I did. But somehow got it to re-attempt the install of BW10 and this time it worked!!! Praise the Lord. Thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    I have no idea how things work on a Mac. IN Windows what I did was use my winzip program which opened the ISO image and allowed me to unzip to a folder. The result was a folder full of all the installation files. The needed EXE file is in there. Those are what I use to reload the program when needed. I still have the ISO but don't use it to reinstall. I use the contents from the folder I unzipped it to.
    mapquest driving directions
    Does that make sense?

Dave
    Try again now. It seems to have been resolved