Thread: Emulator Advice for BW10 on MacBook Pro

Default Emulator Advice for BW10 on MacBook Pro

Hello,

I am a brand new Mac user and would love advice on what I should do to get BW10 up and running. Is Crossover the best solution? Other? I've never used an emulator in my life, but I'm relatively capable at learning basic technology functions with a little direction.

I appreciate any help/guidance in getting up and running, even if that is just pointing me to an existing thread that deals with my issue. Thank you!

Jonathan

Default Crossover for Mac

I've had a good experience with Crossover. It's not difficult to install and you can try it as a Trial version. You download and install it from Run Microsoft Windows software on Mac, Linux and Chrome OS | CodeWeavers. There is a tutorial on the page showing how to install the app. Once installed, you can then launch it and use the instructions below to install BibleWorks. Instead of the app name shown, just type Bibleworks for the name. I forget if it shows 10 in the name so you may have several choices. Just click on the name and click Continue etc...

Install an unknown application from disc or installer file | Knowledge Base | CodeWeavers

Hope this helps.

Steve

I currrently use BW10 on Crossover 21 running OS X 10.15.7 - works great for my limited use. I now primarily use Accordance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven MacDonald View Post
    I've had a good experience with Crossover. It's not difficult to install and you can try it as a Trial version. You download and install it from Run Microsoft Windows software on Mac, Linux and Chrome OS | CodeWeavers. There is a tutorial on the page showing how to install the app. Once installed, you can then launch it and use the instructions below to install BibleWorks. Instead of the app name shown, just type Bibleworks for the name. I forget if it shows 10 in the name so you may have several choices. Just click on the name and click Continue etc...

Install an unknown application from disc or installer file | Knowledge Base | CodeWeavers

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thank you so much for the thorough response! I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSnacks View Post
    I currrently use BW10 on Crossover 21 running OS X 10.15.7 - works great for my limited use. I now primarily use Accordance.
    Thanks for the info, definitely helps me feel more comfortable with the whole thing. Though it is a bummer to have to spend more money.

To clarify: I actually need to delete the Mac version of BW from my MacBook and install the Windows version to run with Crossover, correct? Why is the Windows download file 22GB vs just 2 GB for the Mac?

No idea what I did, but somehow got the Mac to try to reinstall BW10 and this time it worked! Thank you all for your help.