Thread: multiple concurrent windows in sync

Default multiple concurrent windows in sync

Hi All,
    Can someone tell me how to setup BW9 so I have multiple concurrent windows in sync?
    I want to look at different versions side-by-side and be able to have them stay sync'd when searching on the main window and looking at each item in the search results.
    This is something that I've never been able to figure out.
    With my GramCord it was so easy!
    But my GramCord doesn't run on the newer OS's b/c it's 16bit.
    Thanx...Chris

Is this forum dead?
    Hello?
    Anybody?

Try using Parallel Versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    Try using Parallel Versions.
    Already did that.
    Doesn't work.

Have you ever successfully done what I want to do or are you just guessing?

I am not totally sure what you are trying to do. Parallel will sync with itself and you can click on a button to sink it with the browse window. Concerning searches and other things you lost me but that is not a hard thing to do. I usually have the browse window in single verse mode so I can see a verse in deferent texts and translations. I will also open an extra floating browse window to show the whole context in a single text. So yes, I am guessing but at least I tried.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I am not totally sure what you are trying to do. Parallel will sync with itself and you can click on a button to sink it with the browse window. Concerning searches and other things you lost me but that is not a hard thing to do. I usually have the browse window in single verse mode so I can see a verse in deferent texts and translations. I will also open an extra floating browse window to show the whole context in a single text. So yes, I am guessing but at least I tried.

Charlie
    Let me try to clarify:
    I want to do a standard search in the Greek NT & LXX (Septuagint).
    The results will show up in the search results window as a list of verses in Greek.
    Since I don't read Greek well, I want to read in English.
    Since some of the texts are from the Hebrew, I also want to see the Hebrew text.
    So besides the standard Bible text window (that is to the right of the search window), I want two windows open, 1) showing the English text, 2) showing the Hebrew text
    And when I scroll through the search list, I want all the windows to update (sync) to the same text that's selected in the search results window.
    As it is, when I use Parallel Versions, only the text in that window syncs w/the search list.
    The original (default) Bible text window does not.
    Is this 'normal'?

Mine works in the same manner. Would it work if you put all the text and versions you want to read in the parallel windows? It would not update the browse window but everything you want would be in the parallel windows.

That's pretty much what I ended up trying.
    The thing that's so disturbing about that method is, why do I have to go through all that gymnastics just to get a few extra Bible text windows?
    My GramCord never had that problem.
    You could open as many windows as you wanted (within reason of course, due to screen space).
    BW is one of the most user UN-friendly programs I've ever used.
    I always HATE having to use it.
    But there's really no alternatives that are affordable.
    Everybody wants to make money off you b/c you want to study the Bible.
    Something very wrong about that!
    Thanx for your help though...