Thread: BibleWorks on Mac

Default BibleWorks on Mac

Hi there. Does anyone know if BibleWorks will run on the latest iteration of MacOS (Monterey, version 12.0)? I recently switched from a PC to a Mac, and after installing the files, the program crashes every time I try to run it. I still have an activation code For BibleWorks 10 but am seemingly unable to run it. Does anyone have any relevant experience or advice? Thank you!

Yes, I run BW10 on an iMac running macOS Monterey (12.0.1) using parallels, and I run BW10 on my MacBook Air running the same OS using Crossover. Both work flawlessly.

I'm not sure why yours is not working, but I can confirm it runs quite well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yes, I run BW10 on an iMac running macOS Monterey (12.0.1) using parallels, and I run BW10 on my MacBook Air running the same OS using Crossover. Both work flawlessly.

I'm not sure why yours is not working, but I can confirm it runs quite well for me.
    Hi Eric,

Thank you for the response. I was hoping there might be a solution that would allow me to run the Mac program natively, but with the current MacOS iterations, it looks like I may need to invest in a program such as Parallels. Thanks again for your help!

Default Is it really flawless

I too am running BW10 on a MacBook Pro with macOS Monterey 12.2.1 using Crossover 21.1. But I would not say "flawlessly". I am curious about what differences you may have done ini installation from me to get it to run well. Mine runs but it is glitchy. For example, in the Analysis window in the "Vs 1" tab, I have no problem as long as I do not change that Vs tab to an alternate resource, if I do, the program stalls for a long time. If it does run again, the vs 1 tab will stay blank. If I reboot then "sometimes" it will come up with the new resource in it.

1. Does yours have this issue
    2. What kind of "bottle" did you choose in which to install BW 10

Thanks for your help.
    jeff

When I said it worked flawlessly, I guess I meant flawless for my typical activities. I almost never change the resource in the VS1 tab - I have it set to the CNTTS Apparatus. However, when I changed using my Crossover setup, I found the same problem you described.

When I said it worked flawlessly, I guess I meant flawless for my typical activities. I almost never change the resource in the VS1 tab - I have it set to the CNTTS Apparatus. However, when I changed using my Crossover setup, I found the same problem you described.
    Thanks for the response. I was hoping it was just me and that maybe someone knew how to get around this. Once you change that resource, the whole program slowly becomes unstable and requires a reboot. I hope someone can figure out how to get this to work. I just can't get it after multiple installs using differing bottles during installation.

grace and peace,
    Jeff