Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With What Did You Replace BibleWorks?

Default With What Did You Replace BibleWorks?

The abrupt pulling of the plug on BibleWorks was a bitter blow to me. I'd invested years and years into the Notes and User Lexicon databases. I actually planned to bequeath my goldmine of notes and research to a younger pastor/academic. Then bam, gone.

I've found nothing to replace the sleek interface of BW. I like Logos a lot, it's an immense resource, and may be my best bet. I tried and tried to like Accordance, but it hasn't happened yet. Yet I know I really should fully move over. Once Legacy Standard Bible is out in multiple platforms, it will be my main text — and I won't have it in BibleWorks. So...

Where did you go, from BibleWorks? Were you an extensive Notes user? What did you do with your notes, and how do you like your new "home"?

Thanks for any feedback.

I agree that BW has a sleek interface with its tools. I also agree that Logos is immense. I keep both of them open in my studies but I use BW extensively (but not exclusively) when working with the Hebrew and Greek texts. Adding new resources to BW is a problem and the future of one’s notes is a real concern. It would be nice if someone would start a user modular forum. I think there were user modular available in the past. BW is still working great. I guess there will come a day when it will no longer be compatible with a new Windows system. I just hope it does not come in my time
    Sorry, I know this does not answer any of your questions. As you know BW has had a long and good legacy. Perhaps one day there will be a new genesis of BW.

Charlie

Default Perhaps one day there will be a new genesis of BW.

I pray that is not just a good desire, but that it will COME TO FRUITION soon.

Sincerely,
    Gilbert

p.s. I'm ready to BW11/20.

Default Perhaps one day there will be a new genesis of BW.

p.s.s

I'll be the first to purchase a copy!

Gilbert

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Salinas View Post
    p.s.s

I'll be the first to purchase a copy!

Gilbert
    Second!
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Second!
    Gentlemen, I'll be third in line with you. Having tried other bible programs like Accordance and Logos, I can say from experience that nothing can top the smooth and sleek design of Bibleworks. Also, BW was incredibly affordable compared to Accordance/Logos Bible program packages that don't give nearly the amount of useful tools for the price that BW's was asking for. I pray that someone out there will resurrect Bibleworks.

Default I pray that someone out there will resurrect Bibleworks.

I pray that someone out there will resurrect Bibleworks!!!!!!

Gilbert

Thanks, all of you. You confirm my fears that BW has no real replacement.

Pray for a change of heart of the man who owns the rights. My understanding is that others would resurrect it, if he'd let them.

That, or some other way of keeping it viable and making it expandable.

It's like having a multi-version Bible with infinite margins and a host of tools. I know of no replacement, either.

Default BW has no real replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    Thanks, all of you. You confirm my fears that BW has no real replacement.

Pray for a change of heart of the man who owns the rights. My understanding is that others would resurrect it, if he'd let them.

That, or some other way of keeping it viable and making it expandable.

It's like having a multi-version Bible with infinite margins and a host of tools. I know of no replacement, either.

BW has no real replacement.!!!!

Gilbert

Default BibleWorks supplement

For deep study of the biblical languages, Accordance hands down, It's search functionality is phenomenal. Logos can do more basic things but not to the extent that Accordance can. The focus of Accordance has been on the text. If you already have BibleWorks you can still take advantage of their Crossover packages. Note: To get the full functionality of Accordance you do not need to buy a higher package,

It is good to also have Logos for a book library since you can download the free version. If you want all of the features of Logos you would need to buy at least the Silver package or get a special price for already owning BibleWorks. That is its strength. So in that sense you can exploit the strengths of each.

At this point BibleWorks still works great, even on Windows 11. I too would love to see a refreshed and updated version of BibleWorks :-)

Hope this helps.

Steve
    Last edited by Steven MacDonald; 12-12-2021 at 05:23 AM.