Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks and Windows 11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question BibleWorks and Windows 11

Does anyone know if BibleWorks runs without problems on Windows 11?

Smile win 11 and BW10

Since 1 week I`m working with BW10 under Win 11,
    so far without problems! Im happy!
    I`m a German
    Sincerely, Peter

Red face Thank you!

Thank you for the Feedback!

Smile

I've been running BW10 since august as a windows insider. Now in official win 11 release. Never had any problems!

Gilbert

ENJOY!!!

Default BW9 works with Windows 11

I've been running BW9 under Windows 11 for 2 weeks now with no problems.

I've just started using BW9 in Windows 11 and haven't had any problems. Very happy about this ^^
    1v1 battle

Question

Quote Originally Posted by online-today View Post
    Does anyone know if BibleWorks runs without problems on Windows 11?
    I'm facing a similar issue. I have used BW4 nearly every day since 2003. About 10 days ago my DELL 3010 died unexpectedly and with it my BW application
    I want to grab at least BW8, but cannot possible afford BW10. It appears the only way to do that is to buy a used license, and I have no idea how that works. I did look on ebay as recommended, but saw nothing. Is there another source ("Sticky" is one perhaps?) where i can "go fish?" Since my crash I'm working with one NUC computer running Windows 10. I'm willing to try putting BW4 back in service, but having moved from XP to WP7-Ultimate, I remember there was a whole list of things that had to be deleted or changed before starting the software. Then too, this new device doesn't have a CD drive, so there ya go. I may be stuck with "that other 'WORD' software." I'm glad to hear BW10 runs with W10 and W11 (although I hear W!! is another tool of Beelzebub).

Default BW 10 in Windows 11

Hi Everyone,

As was inevitable, my Windows-based laptop powering BW 10 is about to croak. I still have limited usage of BW10.

I've a new Windows 11 laptop up and running but so far am unable to understand if it is wiser to simply install BW10 from my original BW 10 thumb drive, or to try to get the latest ISO version from here BibleWorks - Bible software with Greek, Hebrew, LXX, and more! Software for Bible study and exegesis.

Any time I've atttempted to download the ISO the website responds with this message:

"This page isn't working right now. If the problem continues contact the site owner. HTTP Error 429"

Is the ISO version somehow better/more up to date than the one I have in my possession? Does anyone know why the current ISO doesn't download anymore, or what to do if one is a legitimate user of BW 10?
    Last edited by Isaiah 14:3-5; 09-01-2022 at 12:29 PM. Reason: clarity
    Glenn

Default Use the downloaded ISO

BW does not support updates to installations from older installation datasets, so you should use the current download. At one time Mike Bushell (MBushell) said to PM him to get authorization to download it; I don't know if that is still the case.

If you use your old thumb drive you won't be able to get any of the stuff that was added by updates after your thumb drive was created, and quite a bit was added.

I wish you well in getting it set up.
    --Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 14:3-5 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I've a new Windows 11 laptop up and running but so far am unable to understand if it is wiser to simply install BW10 from my original BW 10 thumb drive, or to try to get the latest ISO version from here BibleWorks - Bible software with Greek, Hebrew, LXX, and more! Software for Bible study and exegesis.

Is the ISO version somehow better/more up to date than the one I have in my possession? Does anyone know why the current ISO doesn't download anymore, or what to do if one is a legitimate user of BW 10?
    After reading your post, I went to check mine.
    My BW10 thumb drive was bought in Nov 2018. Then, just before BW was shut down, I downloaded the ISO on 2019-3-21 and the version is BW10rev6 (posted 2018-07-16). I want this ISO to be a backup to my thumb drive.

Now, the link in your post says the ISO is now BW10rev7 (posted 2019-08-13).
    This means, both my thumb drive and the subsequent downloaded ISO are not the latest.

IIRC, after BW was shut down, one or two updates were done.
    So, this BW10rev7 (posted 2019-08-13) should be the latest.

I suggest, you contact Mike and he will probably give you a link to download the latest ISO installation.

This is what I would do if I have to do it now.

When you have successfully reinstall your BW10, please post back here with details.
    I am sure many of us will find your experience useful when it is time for us to do a similar transfer.
    Last edited by shalommatt; 09-04-2022 at 05:34 AM.