Thread: BW10 install on new pc issue involves installation medium

Default BW10 install on new pc issue involves installation medium

I have recently obtained a new tablet pc to replace an older one that failed. When I try to install BW10 from the original jump-drive that the software came on, it starts the installation process and, after a minute or so, prompts me to install disc 4 into the CD drive. Well, the software is all on the jump-drive, so it makes no sense for it to be looking for additional data from a CD. Has anyone else run into this situation? What do I need to do to get past this issue? The screen prompting for this CD has two buttons on it: OK and CANCEL. If I Click the
    OK button, it simply repeats the request, and if I click CANCEL, it aborts the installation process completely. Any assistance in resolving this is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mgarman View Post
    I have recently obtained a new tablet pc to replace an older one that failed. When I try to install BW10 from the original jump-drive that the software came on, it starts the installation process and, after a minute or so, prompts me to install disc 4 into the CD drive. Well, the software is all on the jump-drive, so it makes no sense for it to be looking for additional data from a CD. Has anyone else run into this situation? What do I need to do to get past this issue? The screen prompting for this CD has two buttons on it: OK and CANCEL. If I Click the
    OK button, it simply repeats the request, and if I click CANCEL, it aborts the installation process completely. Any assistance in resolving this is appreciated.
    1. Are you sure that there are BW10 installation files on your jump-drive? My understanding is that BW10 was never available on CDs, only by download or a USB jump-drive. BW9 and earlier were available on CDs or DVDs.

2. Re-installation of BW10 should only be done using the ISO file put up by BW after they closed down. The only updates available are ones after that file was put up, so if you use a jump-drive with BW10 installation files purchased before BW closed, you may miss some of the many things they added to BW10 after it was first introduced.
    There is a link to download that file on the BW Home Page, but that has been disabled because of abuse by hackers. To download it, you need to send a Private Message (via this forum) to MBushell, giving your BW10 Serial Number / Activation Code.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    1. Are you sure that there are BW10 installation files on your jump-drive? My understanding is that BW10 was never available on CDs, only by download or a USB jump-drive. BW9 and earlier were available on CDs or DVDs.

2. Re-installation of BW10 should only be done using the ISO file put up by BW after they closed down. The only updates available are ones after that file was put up, so if you use a jump-drive with BW10 installation files purchased before BW closed, you may miss some of the many things they added to BW10 after it was first introduced.
    There is a link to download that file on the BW Home Page, but that has been disabled because of abuse by hackers. To download it, you need to send a Private Message (via this forum) to MBushell, giving your BW10 Serial Number / Activation Code.

--Jim

Hi Jim, Thanks for your response. The jump-drive that I'm using is the official medium sent to me when I purchased the software. I had this stored away for safe-keeping and it's only been used twice before so I would think that all of the necessary files needed to perform this install are present. I don't know why the installation process would stop and request that a CD be installed. It's completely baffling to me. I've attempted the install several times, even rebooting the tablet from a complete power-down and it still stops the install at the same point and requests that disc 4 be inserted in the DVD drive. However, the thought occurs to me that this was an update from previous versions of Bibleworks, so I wonder if it is looking for something related to those previous versions to confirm/validate my right to install BW10? Since the new tablet that I now have does not have anything related to those previous versions (those were on CDs/DVDs as I recall), I wonder if that is why I'm being prompted for a disc 4?!? I think I will send that private message to MBushell as you suggest. Thanks anyway for your time and willingness to help.

Default Problems installing

Quote Originally Posted by mgarman View Post
    Hi Jim, Thanks for your response. The jump-drive that I'm using is the official medium sent to me when I purchased the software. I had this stored away for safe-keeping and it's only been used twice before so I would think that all of the necessary files needed to perform this install are present. I don't know why the installation process would stop and request that a CD be installed. It's completely baffling to me. I've attempted the install several times, even rebooting the tablet from a complete power-down and it still stops the install at the same point and requests that disc 4 be inserted in the DVD drive. However, the thought occurs to me that this was an update from previous versions of Bibleworks, so I wonder if it is looking for something related to those previous versions to confirm/validate my right to install BW10? Since the new tablet that I now have does not have anything related to those previous versions (those were on CDs/DVDs as I recall), I wonder if that is why I'm being prompted for a disc 4?!? I think I will send that private message to MBushell as you suggest. Thanks anyway for your time and willingness to help.
    You should not be asked for additional input media unless the installation program has trouble reading from the thumb drive. I would suggest downoading the ISO file, available on the BW web site, and using it to install.

Another possibility is that you have run out of space on the target drive and the setup program interprets at incorrectly. How much free space do you have?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    You should not be asked for additional input media unless the installation program has trouble reading from the thumb drive. I would suggest downoading the ISO file, available on the BW web site, and using it to install.

Another possibility is that you have run out of space on the target drive and the setup program interprets at incorrectly. How much free space do you have?

Mike

Hello Mike,

Sorry for the delay. This is a new tablet with a 256GB drive. There are 180GB free.

UPDATE:

I remembered that I purchased a copy of BW10 for our church PC and I rounded-up the jump-drive that came with that purchase. I installed the church's BW10 jump-drive, entered my activation code and the software installed with no problems using that jump-drive. Apparently, there is some corrupted files on my personal jump-drive. Nevertheless, BW10 is now up and running on my new tablet. Thanks to everyone for their time and assistance.
    Last edited by mgarman; 07-02-2021 at 07:30 PM.