I had BW10 running on my newer MacBook (macOS High Sierra) for several years now (Mac installer 10-44, BibleWorks version 10.0.8.755). However, for other (unrelated) reasons I need to upgrade my newer MacBook to the latest OS version (macOS Big Sur), which will then prevent BibleWorks from running on that machine.

So I decided to install BW10 on my older MacBook (macOS High Sierra), which I can then maintain at the same OS version, thus preserving for me a functioning BibleWorks. Thankfully, the installation worked — sort of — and I can roughly function as before. But I did run into the following two problems:

1. Even though I used the latest Mac installer 10-44, I ended up with BibleWorks version 10.0.3.173 — which is a few steps older than what I had running on my newer MacBook (namely 10.0.8.755, as noted above). I figured that I could shore things up by doing a “Check for Updates,” but when I tried that, no updates were available. One of the major downsides of this is that 10.0.3.173 doesn’t have the newer and improved “scaling” capabilities that 10.0.3.173 has. So portions of BibleWorks currently exhibit super-tiny text with weird overlappings of window-segments, making some parts of the program very difficult to read (as compared to the version that’s on my newer MacBook).

2. Even though I successfully activated the LEH module (the LXX Greek lexicon by Lust), it is not showing up in the list of possible lexicons to choose from in the “Default Analysis Window Greek Lexicons” popup. I know that this module was activated, because I am able to open the “Lexicons” window, and I can choose “LEH Greek lexicon” from the pull down menu — and all the contents of Lust’s lexicon are viewable there. I just don’t have the option to make it viewable in the Analysis Window.

If anyone has any thoughts that could help me with either of these issues, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Craig Petrovich