Thread: Open additional browse window

Default Open additional browse window

Dear user,
    I am working with BW10.
    When I click on a verse in the Use- tab, it is displayed in the Browse window.
    But I want the browse window to remain stable. The verse from the use tab should open a new additional browse- window when clicked.
    Is this possible? I hope that I have expressed myself understandably.
    Best regards, Peter

Default Reviewing a Use List in a Browse Window

The behavior that you would like to see is similar to a feature called the Secondary Browse Window. When engaged, this feature will cause another, secondary Browse window to appear when one has invoked a search on a word in the Browse Window text. This feature is not available for the Use Window, though. I can offer a set of steps that will provide a bit of a workaround to accomplish what you request.

1. Open the Verse List Manager. (Tools > Analyzing the Text > Verse List Manager)
    2. Open a Browse Window to the desired text that you wish to study.
    3. Set the Use Tab in the right panel to display.
    4. Hover over a word in the Browse Window text to view its use in the Use panel.
    5. Hold down the Shift key (to freeze the contents of the Use panel) and move your mouse pointer into the Use panel.
    6. Now with the mouse pointer over any part of the list in the Use panel, click once with your right mouse button.
    7. From the menu that displays, choose "Export verse list to search list".
    (The list of verses should now show in the Search Window.)
    8. Now move your mouse into the open Verse List Manager window.
    9. On the menu bar at the top, click "Import", then "Entire Search Window Verse List".
    (The list of verses should now appear in one of the verse list windows.)
    10. Now click on another tab in the Search Window, which will make available another Browse Window.
    11. Now click on some of the entries in the Verse List Manager to display each in Browse Window tab 2 (or whatever tab you chose) You can then return to where you were on the original tab where you were working.

It is hoped that this will serve to be helpful. Please follow up if you have any questions.

Default Reviewing a Use List in a Browse Window - Addendum

I had already posted the previous comment when I realized that there is a second option that you may find useful.

At step 10, where the recommendation is to click a different Browse Window tab (located at the top of the Search Window), an alternate step one could take would be to manually open a secondary Browse Window. Take these steps as follows:

1. On the menu bar click "View", and from the drop-down menu choose "Browse Window".
    2. When the Browse Window opens, you can now position it to allow you to see your primary Browse Window as well as the Verse List Manager.

Now you can see your original context as well as the other verses in which the target use word occurs.

Default Another possible solution

Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Dear user,
    I am working with BW10.
    When I click on a verse in the Use- tab, it is displayed in the Browse window.
    But I want the browse window to remain stable. The verse from the use tab should open a new additional browse- window when clicked.
    Is this possible? I hope that I have expressed myself understandably.
    Best regards, Peter
    Use two Analysis Windows, with the Use Tab in one, and Browse Tab in the other. Now you have the Search Window, the Browse window, the Use Tab and the Browse Tab.
    When I click on a verse in the Use Tab it displays in the Browse Tab, leaving the Browse Window unchanged.

If you want access to the Analysis Tab or Resources Tab information, you can open them as floating windows using the Options button at the top left of the Browse Tab. I had to uncheck the Browse Tab Option "Enable Analysis Tab Display" for the floating Analysis Window to work with the Browse Tab.

If you are using the floating Analysis and/or Resources window for information on the verses in the Browse tab, you probably want to freeze the Use Tab (using its "Options" button), otherwise the Use Tab will be updated every time you mouse over a word in the Browse Tab.

I hope this is useful for you.
    --Jim

Default secondarry Use Tab

Good morning Catlover and Jim Wert,
    thank you for your fast help!
    Peter

An alternate step one could take would be to manually open a secondary Browse Window gaming mouse review guide
    Last edited by daukaskia; 05-23-2021 at 11:56 PM.