Thread: I have my BW serial # but lost my activation code - who do I contact?

Default I have my BW serial # but lost my activation code - who do I contact?

Hi all, I'm a BW user since 2004 looking for who to contact at BW about lost activation codes. I have a new PC that I need to download the latest version of BW on. I have my serial # but lost my activation code. Thanks in advance for your help!

Derek,
    Do you still have access to an installed copy of BibleWorks on your previous PC? If so, you can obtain the activation code(s) from it with the following steps:

1. With BibleWorks open and running, click FILE on the menu bar.
    2. From the drop-down menu choose ACTIVATE DATABASE.
    3. At the bottom of the "Activation Manager" window that opens, click the button labeled OPTIONS.
    4. From the menu that displays, choose the option SAVE ACTIVATION CODES TO BACKUP FILE.
    5. In the window that opens, name the file and designate a location to which to save the file. (If possible, save the file to an external drive such as a flash thumb drive.)
    6. Now take the thumb drive to the computer to which you have installed BibleWorks and connect it to a USB drive.
    7. Now use the file during the initial setup or after the program has been installed, whichever applies.
    a. If you are newly installing the program, then point to the drive and the file on it so the activation codes will be found by the program.
    b. If you have already installed the program, then follow the same path described before to activate a database, but this time choose the option RESTORE ACTIVATION CODES FROM BACKUP FILE.
    It is hoped that this set of instructions proves to be helpful to you.