Thread: Problems with links

Unhappy Problems with links

Good day, today I ask for help in a "link problem".
    When I search for explanations of a word in the analysis window, for example in the Klett module, the internal links are correctly displayed in the color blue. In the popup window I also find the verses in the versions I preset (DUE, WTT, BGT). But if I then copy the entry into the Editor window or Notes window, then the links suddenly take on the color green and show the text in KJV version. How can I prevent this?
    Kind regards, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Good day, today I ask for help in a "link problem".
    When I search for explanations of a word in the analysis window, for example in the Klett module, the internal links are correctly displayed in the color blue. In the popup window I also find the verses in the versions I preset (DUE, WTT, BGT). But if I then copy the entry into the Editor window or Notes window, then the links suddenly take on the color green and show the text in KJV version. How can I prevent this?
    Kind regards, Peter
    Hello Peter,
    Has this ever worked the way you want it to, or is this the first time you have tried it?
    How do you do the copying and pasting? by Ctl C, Ctl V, or some other way?

BW editor uses a different way of handling pop-ups than the rest of BibleWorks. See this thread for a description of the differences: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...-Notes-windows.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    Hello Peter,
    Has this ever worked the way you want it to, or is this the first time you have tried it?
    How do you do the copying and pasting? by Ctl C, Ctl V, or some other way?

BW editor uses a different way of handling pop-ups than the rest of BibleWorks. See this thread for a description of the differences: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...-Notes-windows.

--Jim
    Hi Jim, thanks for your quick reply. I have done the copying in several ways: Ctr+C and paste with Ctr+V. But I have also right clicked : "Copy Analysis Window Text to Editor" and also "Copy Analysis Window Text to Clipboard". And in all ways the results were correct. But: I have made changes in the settings in different places of BW10 in the last days to see what changes. And I unfortunately don't remember at which places I made changes everywhere!
    I am still searching!
    Sincerely, Peter

Default hyperlinks problem again

Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Hi Jim, thanks for your quick reply. I have done the copying in several ways: Ctr+C and paste with Ctr+V. But I have also right clicked : "Copy Analysis Window Text to Editor" and also "Copy Analysis Window Text to Clipboard". And in all ways the results were correct. But: I have made changes in the settings in different places of BW10 in the last days to see what changes. And I unfortunately don't remember at which places I made changes everywhere!
    I am still searching!
    Sincerely, Peter
    I have now found an intermediate solution for my hyperlink problem: After copying text with hyperlinks from the analysis window and pasting it into Notes, I right-click and the "Insert Hyperlink" window opens. Then I click in "Template" on the small arrow on the right and select again "GOTOVERSE VERSIONID VerseRef | POPUP" and lo and behold, the hyperlink is transformed into the version I want. The popup then also shows the text of the desired version.

But the question remains for me, why when copying text with hyperlinks from the analysis window, the hyperlinks are changed to the KJV without being asked. This must be somewhere in the program to change????
    Peter

I have no such problem. But the information is very helpful. Thank you for your reply.