Thread: Legacy Standard Bible

Default Legacy Standard Bible

Now that the NT, Psalms and Proverbs are out (https://read.lsbible.org/), I'm asking: will there be any way to get this in BW format?

From what I know of it, I will likely want it to be my main Bible, going forward. And BW is still my main Bible-text-tool. I'm working on my Logos chops, but still, I have a treasure trove of notes in BW.

If you can get an electronic format of the Bible like text or USFM, we can convert it into a Bibleworks importable module.

Logos is supposed to have a Bibleworks notes import feature. I have not figured it out (Logos 9.3). I'm in a similar quandary...have Accordance and Logos, but learning on both packages is going slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by postiffm View Post
    If you can get an electronic format of the Bible like text or USFM, we can convert it into a Bibleworks importable module.

Logos is supposed to have a Bibleworks notes import feature. I have not figured it out (Logos 9.3). I'm in a similar quandary...have Accordance and Logos, but learning on both packages is going slowly.
    Yes, I've watched all the tutorials and just apparently cannot like Accordance. Tried the phone app; same quandary. To me, totally non-intuitive. Good people, though. And they already have LSB, just not available yet. I've been urging Logos (which I'm learning to love) to get a wiggle on.

Haven't braved the BW notes-transfer yet either. I expected to be using BW forever.

But what I've read of the LSB, I've loved, and it's likely to become my go-to. Which I really want in BW.

/c:

Ping.

I've read Proverbs, NT, and first ~60 psalms. Love it. Want it in BW.

Default Compiling a BibleWorks Version Database

Good Day, Mr. Phillips. I am writing to point out that if you wish to import a version such as the Legacy Standard Bible into BibleWorks, you will need an electronic version of the text, as was stated by postiffm previously. In the BibleWorks Help there is a section titled "Compiling Version Databases". This will provide all of the measures and steps that would be required to render the desired version into a format that could be used in the BibleWorks program.
    Perhaps the best way to find this section would be to open the BibleWorks 10 Help menu, then click "Search" in the left-hand panel. Type "compiler" into the field for search criteria, then click the button labeled "List Topics" (or simply hit the Enter key) to view the list of Topics. The item at the top of the list will typically be "Compiling Version Databases". Double-click over that entry on the list, or click the button labeled "Display". You will be taken to section 67 of the BibleWorks Help Contents titled "Compiling Version Databases". Read the material carefully and thoroughly before proceeding, so as to know what to expect.

Be mindful, of course, to have the permission to render that version into BibleWorks format. Check with the actual owner(s) of the copyright to obtain such permission, and the permitted extent of its use. This can vary from one copyright owner to another, of course.

It is hoped that this response serves to be helpful for your inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    Good Day, Mr. Phillips. I am writing to point out that if you wish to import a version such as the Legacy Standard Bible into BibleWorks, you will need an electronic version of the text, as was stated by postiffm previously. In the BibleWorks Help there is a section titled "Compiling Version Databases". This will provide all of the measures and steps that would be required to render the desired version into a format that could be used in the BibleWorks program.
    Perhaps the best way to find this section would be to open the BibleWorks 10 Help menu, then click "Search" in the left-hand panel. Type "compiler" into the field for search criteria, then click the button labeled "List Topics" (or simply hit the Enter key) to view the list of Topics. The item at the top of the list will typically be "Compiling Version Databases". Double-click over that entry on the list, or click the button labeled "Display". You will be taken to section 67 of the BibleWorks Help Contents titled "Compiling Version Databases". Read the material carefully and thoroughly before proceeding, so as to know what to expect.

Be mindful, of course, to have the permission to render that version into BibleWorks format. Check with the actual owner(s) of the copyright to obtain such permission, and the permitted extent of its use. This can vary from one copyright owner to another, of course.

It is hoped that this response serves to be helpful for your inquiry.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I looked at those help files and tried to begin the process, but it was far from "simple" for me. In fact, it defeated me pretty much totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    Yes, I've watched all the tutorials and just apparently cannot like Accordance.

Haven't braved the BW notes-transfer yet either. I expected to be using BW forever.

/c:
    Off topic: Dan if you figure out that BW note transfer thingy... pls share it on here. I gave up.

I too am trying to warm up to Accordance. I do like it better than Logos. BW has been the center piece of sermon workflow (other than prayer of course) for almost 25 yrs.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Off topic: Dan if you figure out that BW note transfer thingy... pls share it on here. I gave up.

I too am trying to warm up to Accordance. I do like it better than Logos. BW has been the center piece of sermon workflow (other than prayer of course) for almost 25 yrs.

Dave
    I hear you. Never was BW presented as, "Make this your go-to Bible tool, invest wholly in it...but maybe after a few years one person will decide just to drop it and not let anyone else continue it and you'll be stuck."

It's awkward.