Thread: loading BW (from installation CDs) on new computer that doesn't have a CD drive

Default loading BW (from installation CDs) on new computer that doesn't have a CD drive

I had to replace my old computer that still works, but is very slow. My new one does not have a CD drive and my version of BW7 is on CDs. How can I load BW on my new computer. If there was a way to copy/pull my files from my old computer (so that it would bring all my settings, favorites, etc) that would be amazing! IMPORTANT: I'm not very tech savvy.

Thanks,
    Scott

Default Link to advice in earlier thread - but you may have issues with your operating system

Quote Originally Posted by SA Wells View Post
    I had to replace my old computer that still works, but is very slow. My new one does not have a CD drive and my version of BW7 is on CDs. How can I load BW on my new computer. If there was a way to copy/pull my files from my old computer (so that it would bring all my settings, favorites, etc) that would be amazing! IMPORTANT: I'm not very tech savvy.
    Hi Scott,

Here is a link to an earlier post from John on installing CDs: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8897#post38897

In that case it was BW9, which apparently worked fine on the new computer. It is possible you could have compatibility issues installing BW7 on a new operating system. Perhaps other BW7 users will relay their experience. Good luck!

David

Assuming your new computer has Windows 10, here is another useful reply from John:-

https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...-on-Windows-10

Thanks, fellas. I will follow your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by shalommatt View Post
    Assuming your new computer has Windows 10, here is another useful reply from John:-

https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...-on-Windows-10

As described in the links y'all provided, I was able to load BW7 on my new computer. Also as described, I've encountered some problems running the program (presumably because it's Windows 10 and BW7 can no longer receive needed updates).

However, I've been running BW7 on my Windows 10 office computer for almost five years now. If I understood the link Matt provided, I should be able to copy something from BW on that office computer and transfer/load (?) that something to my new computer to get the program functioning properly. Does that sound accurate? If so, would someone be so kind as to detail for me how that is done? I would greatly appreciate it.

Alas, if I had a gazillion dollars, I would fund a Bibleworks restart.