Thread: How do you search for a phrase like על לא in the hebrew bible?

Default How do you search for a phrase like על לא in the hebrew bible?

I have Bibleworks Version 10

How do you search for a phrase like על לא in the hebrew bible?

I have tried all these attempts.

It occurs in Isaiah 53:9
    עַל לֹא-חָמָס

Name:  MI4e8XK.png
Views: 150
Size:  93.2 KB

It looks like you are performing a word search (.) instead of a phrase search (‘). An option that I used was to highlight the phrase in Isa. 53:9 and left click on it and then choose search for phrase. I came up with 3 hit: Job 16:17, Psalm 119:136, and Isaiah 53:9. I hope this helps.

Correction - it should be right click!

Charlie
    Last edited by Chas; 03-05-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Another way is, after highlighting the phrase and then left clicking on it, instead of choosing 'Search for Phrase', you choose 'Copy Selected Text' and its sub entry 'Copy Phrase to Command Line'. The phrase will be copied to the Command Line with the addition of (') in the front (which is for phrase search). You hit 'Return' and the same 3 hits will appear.

The third way is to type in the phrase yourself. Type (') in the Search Window. And then type in the phrase by using the built-in BibleWorks Keyboard (Tools, Interface/Settings).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by shalommatt; 03-05-2021 at 01:04 AM. Reason: adding image

It sound like shmebrew: Half the words are twisted versions of words you know, And the other half are just abscure words. Those words are either simple words you know (instead of the word "cup" we use "viridiangorth") or awfuly specific words ( a word that spesificly mean "picking Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin figs").
    Last edited by addomannim; 04-04-2021 at 04:52 AM.