Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BW9 Narrate WTT Chapter

Thank you guys for bringing my attention to this External Link Manager, which I have no experience of.
    Currently, I just go to an external website for listening the Hebrew Bible.

I have followed Jim's outline and added that external link. But I have not figured out how to listen to the audio from within BW10, even after reading through the F1 Help section.

Would someone please tell me how? Thank you.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shalommatt View Post
    Thank you guys for bringing my attention to this External Link Manager, which I have no experience of.
    Currently, I just go to an external website for listening the Hebrew Bible.

I have followed Jim's outline and added that external link. But I have not figured out how to listen to the audio from within BW10, even after reading through the F1 Help section.

Would someone please tell me how? Thank you.

Matt
    I assume that you are able to get the menu of Hebrew Bible chapters to come up on your internet browser by right clicking on a Hebrew version in the Browse window, and selecting "Narrate WTT chapter".

The External Link Manager allows you to invoke a program or website outside of (external to) BibleWorks by right clicking within a verse in the BW Browse window. The thing invoked then operates outside of BW, in this case, in your Internet browser.
    Once upon a time Jim Darlack, I think, set up something in the Unofficial Bibleworks Blog that allowed users to link to the individual chapter recording from mechon-mamre rather than just the menu. With the demise of that Blog, that capability died too.

If you have BW10 this use of the External Link Manager allows you to listen to a different reader than the one supplied by BW. BW10 comes with audio files that are handled within BW. To invoke them, right click on a Greek or Hebrew verse in the Browse Window and select "Open xxx Audio Player". F1 with your cursor on the Audio Player pop-up window gives information about the audio files.
    If I remember correctly, the Hebrew audio files were added as an update sometime after the original release of BW10, so if you don't have them installed you probably need to modify your installation using the most recent iso download.

--Jim

I found in the forum that this topic had already been discussed in 2012. At the end (03-30-2012) Brother Jim Darlack said:
    "Talking The Hebrew audio files are now on the 'unofficial' BibleWorks Blog! Hello all, Mike Tidsell has put up a guest-blog post on the 'unofficial' BibleWorks Blog: Audio Files to Narrate the OT in Hebrew http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?p=1102. "

The names of the files had a special form so that Bibleworks 9 recognized the text in chapters. Since this BibleWorks blog was no longer around, these audio files have also disappeared. On the page: https://web.archive.org/web/20200202...ew.org/?cat=21.
    I couldn't find the audio files.
    Maybe someone knows what the special names of the files were exactly?
    Sincerely, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    I assume that you are able to get the menu of Hebrew Bible chapters to come up on your internet browser by right clicking on a Hebrew version in the Browse window, and selecting "Narrate WTT chapter".

The External Link Manager allows you to invoke a program or website outside of (external to) BibleWorks by right clicking within a verse in the BW Browse window. The thing invoked then operates outside of BW, in this case, in your Internet browser.
    Once upon a time Jim Darlack, I think, set up something in the Unofficial Bibleworks Blog that allowed users to link to the individual chapter recording from mechon-mamre rather than just the menu. With the demise of that Blog, that capability died too.

If you have BW10 this use of the External Link Manager allows you to listen to a different reader than the one supplied by BW. BW10 comes with audio files that are handled within BW. To invoke them, right click on a Greek or Hebrew verse in the Browse Window and select "Open xxx Audio Player". F1 with your cursor on the Audio Player pop-up window gives information about the audio files.
    If I remember correctly, the Hebrew audio files were added as an update sometime after the original release of BW10, so if you don't have them installed you probably need to modify your installation using the most recent iso download.

--Jim

Thank you. I follow your description and now am able to get it to work.
    Also, as I bought my BW10 just before the closure, my installation should include the Hebrew audio files and I double checked it and it does have the Hebrew files. Thank you again.