Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: BW9 Narrate WTT Chapter

  1. #1

    Question BW9 Narrate WTT Chapter

    Dear friends, I have a problem with BW9:
    When BW was not closed yet, I was able to set up the entry "Narrate WTT Chapter" via "External Link Manager" and enter the following address as a parameter: "http://www.oldinthenew.org / bibleworks / hebrewaudiobible / <Book> / <Chapter> .mp3 ". This address no longer exists .
    Is there another address now?

    Sincerely, Peter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Dear friends, I have a problem with BW9:
    When BW was not closed yet, I was able to set up the entry "Narrate WTT Chapter" via "External Link Manager" and enter the following address as a parameter: "http://www.oldinthenew.org / bibleworks / hebrewaudiobible / <Book> / <Chapter> .mp3 ". This address no longer exists .
    Is there another address now?

    Sincerely, Peter
    You might be able to use the links on this page: https://web.archive.org/web/20200122...ible-in-hebrew

    The pattern would be https://web.archive.org/web/20200122191226/http://www.mechon-mamre.org/mp3/t<02><03>.mp3 which is Exodus Chapter 3

    so the book name is first, check the page for the order and test a few links. The second number is the chapter. Let us know if it works.

    This is the link to the archived section of OldInTheNew: https://web.archive.org/web/20200202210622/http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?cat=21.


    Last edited by now john; 02-23-2021 at 09:35 AM.

  3. #3

    Default narrate

    Dear John, thank you very much for your valuable advice. With the setting shown, I can have Gen 1 read to me. If I want to listen to Exo 1 then I have to change the entry to: ".... / mp3 / t0201.mp3". This is a bit complex, but it works well. Thank you again Sincerely, Peter

    Name:  Bild aus Zwischenablage (23 Februar 2021).jpg
Views: 82
Size:  88.7 KB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Dear John, thank you very much for your valuable advice. With the setting shown, I can have Gen 1 read to me. If I want to listen to Exo 1 then I have to change the entry to: ".... / mp3 / t0201.mp3". This is a bit complex, but it works well. Thank you again Sincerely, Peter
    glad to here it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    512

    Default A simpler way to get there?

    https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/ptmp3prq.htm will give you a menu of all the chapters in the Hebrew Bible, so you can simply choose your chapter you want to listen to from that menu.

    Using this web address in your External Link Manager entry would save you having to update the External Link Manager every time you want to listen to a different chapter.

    --Jim

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/ptmp3prq.htm will give you a menu of all the chapters in the Hebrew Bible, so you can simply choose your chapter you want to listen to from that menu.

    Using this web address in your External Link Manager entry would save you having to update the External Link Manager every time you want to listen to a different chapter.

    --Jim
    Thanks, that's much better!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/ptmp3prq.htm will give you a menu of all the chapters in the Hebrew Bible, so you can simply choose your chapter you want to listen to from that menu.

    Using this web address in your External Link Manager entry would save you having to update the External Link Manager every time you want to listen to a different chapter.

    --Jim
    Thank you very much Jim, thats great.
    Sincerely, Peter

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Thank you very much Jim, thats great.
    Sincerely, Peter
    Dear Jim, It would be very helpful if you could give me the exact entries in the External Link Manager. I have hardly any experience with it!
    Peter

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Dear Jim, It would be very helpful if you could give me the exact entries in the External Link Manager. I have hardly any experience with it!
    Peter
    I would recommend that you copy and paste this address: https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/ptmp3prq.htm into the "Web page, File to open, or executable to run" field of the "External Link Manager" window.
    The following example works for me (in BW10, but this feature didn't change from BW9).

    Name:  ELM.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  130.0 KB

    BW9 Help has a detailed, and perhaps confusing, description of the External Link Manager. With your mouse over the External Link Manager window, press F1 and it should display that Help.

    -- Jim

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    I would recommend that you copy and paste this address: https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/ptmp3prq.htm into the "Web page, File to open, or executable to run" field of the "External Link Manager" window.
    The following example works for me (in BW10, but this feature didn't change from BW9).

    Name:  ELM.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  130.0 KB

    BW9 Help has a detailed, and perhaps confusing, description of the External Link Manager. With your mouse over the External Link Manager window, press F1 and it should display that Help.

    -- Jim
    Thank you and God bless you!
    Peter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •