Thread: Missing Modules?

Default Missing Modules?

Hi, I just installed BW10 on a new laptop but realized it doesn't have the BDag and Halot Modules I previously paid for. Can someone help me track those codes down?

Thanks,

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Wassell View Post
    Hi, I just installed BW10 on a new laptop but realized it doesn't have the BDag and Halot Modules I previously paid for. Can someone help me track those codes down?

Thanks,

Kyle
    Are you saying that you lost the activation codes? If you have the old computer, you can retrieve the codes from it. The easiest way to do that is from within the BW program itself. If you have the hard drive from the old computer, the codes can also be retrieved from that.

The modules are included in the installation program, but the activation codes need to be added during installation or by running the installation program a second time so that the new installation can include the missing modules.
    Last edited by now john; 12-11-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Default Restore Modules Licenses from Backup

There is another possibility for a resolution of this. IF you perhaps saved the activation codes to a backup file, then they can be restored from that same file to BibleWorks on the new computer. Here is how this is done.

1. Open the program.
    2. Click "File" on the menu bar.
    3. From the drop-down menu choose "Activate Database".
    4. When the window opens, move your mouse to the bottom of the window and click the button labeled "Options".
    5. On the sub-menu that displays, choose "Restore activation codes from backup file".

This assumes that a backup file was created previously. Notice that the selection on that same menu which reads "Save activation codes to backup file". If you did that, and recall where the file is, that will have the codes for the BDAG and HALOT, as well as any other modules you acquired. (If you did not, but are able to recover the codes by other means, such as those described above, then I highly recommend the creation of a backup file of this kind for future use.)

Cool. Thanks for the Thread

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Are you saying that you lost the activation codes? If you have the old computer, you can retrieve the codes from it. The easiest way to do that is from within the BW program itself. If you have the hard drive from the old computer, the codes can also be retrieved from that.

The modules are included in the installation program, but the activation codes need to be added during installation or by running the installation program a second time so that the new installation can include the missing modules.
    Hi John, Yes. I kept the BW10 box and thumb drive but lost the codes. I have my old computer and hard drive but have no idea how to grab codes from that. Any tips? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wassell View Post
    Hi John, Yes. I kept the BW10 box and thumb drive but lost the codes. I have my old computer and hard drive but have no idea how to grab codes from that. Any tips? Thanks!
    If the old computer is running and BibleWorks runs, run BW.
    On the main file menu click on File, Activate Database, Save serial numbers
    Save the file to a known location. Transfer the file to the new computer, use the same procedure but select restore.
    You must be running as an administrator to open Activate Database.

If the old computer runs but BW doesn't, right click on the Windows logo in the system tray.
    Left click on Search. Type Registry editor, then hit the Enter key.
    After Computer in the upper left hand corner paste:
    \hkey_current_user\software\bibleworks\bibleworks 10\serialnums

Right click on SerialNums in the left hand column (It should be highlighted.)
    Click on Export
    Save the file to a folder you can access in File Explorer. (Default is your Documents Folder)
    Open that file and copy the list into Notepad or some other text editor.
    The items need to be reformatted:
    "BW10"="1DCZAZRR1C1YMZU0"
    will become
    BW10-1DCZ-AZRR-1C1Y-MZU0
    The code above was generated by my password creator to use as an example here.

If the old computer is not running (or if something goes wrong with this), let me know and we can work through installing the drive on a running computer and retrieving the serial numbers from the drive.
    For this PM me and send me your email address and I will get back to you.

John
    Last edited by now john; 12-14-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    If the old computer is running and BibleWorks runs, run BW.
    On the main file menu click on File, Activate Database, Save serial numbers
    Save the file to a known location. Transfer the file to the new computer, use the same procedure but select restore.
    You must be running as an administrator to open Activate Database.

If the old computer runs but BW doesn't, right click on the Windows logo in the system tray.
    Left click on Search. Type Registry editor, then hit the Enter key.
    After Computer in the upper left hand corner paste:
    \hkey_current_user\software\bibleworks\bibleworks 10\serialnums
    That should give the result below:
    Computer\hkey_current_user\software\bibleworks\bib leworks 10\serialnums

Right click on SerialNums in the left hand column (It should be highlighted.)
    Click on Export
    Save the file to a folder you can access in File Explorer. (Default is your Documents Folder)
    Open that file and copy the list into Notepad or some other text editor.
    The items need to be reformatted:
    "BW10"="1DCZAZRR1C1YMZU0"
    will become
    BW10-1DCZ-AZRR-1C1Y-MZU0
    The code above was generated by my password creator to use as an example here.

If the old computer is not running (or if something goes wrong with this), let me know and we can work through installing the drive on a running computer and retrieving the serial numbers from the drive.
    For this PM me and send me your email address and I will get back to you.

John
    Wow, okay I will try it out. Thanks a ton!