Thread: BW10 Modules Not Showing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BW10 Modules Not Showing

Good evening friends,

I have the thumbdrive copy of BW10. I had it installed on another PC previously and just installed it on my new laptop.

I noticed that many BW10 resources (Langes Commentary, BHS Apparatus, NA28 apparatus), especially those under the Verse Tab, are not there. It's almost like BW9 under that tab, but other resources (like Leningrad images) are there.

Both of these databases are activated: "Bibleworks 10" and "Upgrade from Bibleworks 9"

Any ideas? I checked for updates, and none were shown-

Quote Originally Posted by GBTS View Post
    Good evening friends,

I have the thumbdrive copy of BW10. I had it installed on another PC previously and just installed it on my new laptop.

I noticed that many BW10 resources (Langes Commentary, BHS Apparatus, NA28 apparatus), especially those under the Verse Tab, are not there. It's almost like BW9 under that tab, but other resources (like Leningrad images) are there.

Both of these databases are activated: "Bibleworks 10" and "Upgrade from Bibleworks 9"

Any ideas? I checked for updates, and none were shown-
    Both BHS Apparatus and NA28 Apparatus are part of the extra-cost Stuttgart Original Languages modules, so you would have to activate those modules, and any other extra-cost modules you bought. File / Activate Databases brings up a window showing what you have activated, and giving instructions to activate other modules. You will need the activation codes / Serial Numbers for your purchased modules.

If I remember correctly, Langes Commentary was an enhancement added after BW10 came out. The fact that you don't have it probably means your thumbdrive copy is out of date. To get all the enhancements, including many significant ones to the Stuttgart modules, you need to install from the most recent BibleWorks10 ISO file. See here https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...ws-ISO-is-dead for instructions on how to get it.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    Both BHS Apparatus and NA28 Apparatus are part of the extra-cost Stuttgart Original Languages modules, so you would have to activate those modules, and any other extra-cost modules you bought. File / Activate Databases brings up a window showing what you have activated, and giving instructions to activate other modules. You will need the activation codes / Serial Numbers for your purchased modules.

If I remember correctly, Langes Commentary was an enhancement added after BW10 came out. The fact that you don't have it probably means your thumbdrive copy is out of date. To get all the enhancements, including many significant ones to the Stuttgart modules, you need to install from the most recent BibleWorks10 ISO file. See here https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...ws-ISO-is-dead for instructions on how to get it.

--Jim
    Thank you Jim, that did the trick. I forgot it was a module that I purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by GBTS View Post
    Thank you Jim, that did the trick. I forgot it was a module that I purchased.
    Your are very welcome. But to get all the updates (including several installments of BHQ, Eerdmans Dictionary, etc.) you do need to get/download the latest ISO, and reinstall using it.

--Jim

Default Everything loaded on reinstall except BDAG

I am late to this discussion, but I just rebuilt my hard drive and reinstalled BW10. Everything went well except that BDAG doesn't appear to have loaded - even though I entered the code for upgrading from BW9 and the code for BDAG. HALOT loaded with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I am late to this discussion, but I just rebuilt my hard drive and reinstalled BW10. Everything went well except that BDAG doesn't appear to have loaded - even though I entered the code for upgrading from BW9 and the code for BDAG. HALOT loaded with no problem.
    Check the Activation Manager. Main Menu (top of main BW window) / File / Activate Databases
    This should display the BW Activation Manager window, listing Resource, Serial Number(activation code), and Status.
    DO NOT post a screenshot of your Activation Manager window.
    If this window does not have a row for BDAG, you will need to run your installation program again, choosing Modify.
    If the Activation Manager indicates that BDAG is installed and activated, please respond with a description of what screen/situation did not give you access to BDAG.
    Main Menu / Resources / Greek/Hebrew Lexicons should bring up the Lexicons window; from the main menu of the Lexicons window select Lexicons, and a list of installed Lexicons will display.

--Jim