Thread: Cannot Activate Bibleworks After Changing Computers

Default Cannot Activate Bibleworks After Changing Computers

I recently had a change of Mac computers and tried reinstalling Bibleworks but am stuck at activation. I am currently running in trial mode because neither internet or manual activation is not working. Any help that can be provided will be appreciated.

Since nobody chimed in, I can start. I don't use Mac, so I don't know the specifics of that system. If your version of BibleWorks is older than 9 or older, there is no way to officially activate it. Only BW10 can be activated. Since there is no "office" any more, there is no way to activate other than automatically. If that doesn't work, what you have decided to do may work indefinitely. I haven't activated in many years, so I'm sure someone else can be much more helpful.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Since nobody chimed in, I can start. I don't use Mac, so I don't know the specifics of that system. If your version of BibleWorks is older than 9 or older, there is no way to officially activate it. Only BW10 can be activated. Since there is no "office" any more, there is no way to activate other than automatically. If that doesn't work, what you have decided to do may work indefinitely. I haven't activated in many years, so I'm sure someone else can be much more helpful.
    Mark Eddy
    Since BW closed, I have activated new installations of BW7, 8, 9, and 10 and have helped others do the same.

At one time I even updated some of the older versions after activation and since BW closed.

I activated successfully recently and someone I helped activated within the last two weeks.

One thing that has changed is that the ISO is apparently no longer available from the website. See this post: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8601#post38601
    Last edited by now john; 11-28-2020 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopPhillip View Post
    I recently had a change of Mac computers and tried reinstalling Bibleworks but am stuck at activation. I am currently running in trial mode because neither internet or manual activation is not working. Any help that can be provided will be appreciated.
    Were you using an ISO that was downloaded from the BW website after BW closed or something else? The ISO must be used.

I do not use a Mac but have helped many who do since BW closed. Send me a PM. That way we can arrange more direct communication than the forum offers.

John

Hello John I sent you a private message. My ISO was sent to me one a flash drive by BW

Quote Originally Posted by BishopPhillip View Post
    Hello John I sent you a private message. My ISO was sent to me one a flash drive by BW
    I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't receive it.