Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Sur, Crosover, Mac of Windows version?

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    thank you very much for your help.

Default Trying to install BW10 on Big Sur + M1 ARM chip

Hi, I am actually trying to install Bible Works 10 (Windows version, 32 bits) using Crossover, in my new Mac Book Air Pro with Big Sur and M1 (not Intel chip)

I am also in contact with CodeWeavers technicians.

Until now all my attempts have been unsuccesfull. I tried using both the original pen drive of BW10 and the ISO file image, including the very version one CodeWeavers use in their tests. I am algo using the same tie file for BW10 they use.

A far as I can understand (I am not myself an expertise in computers), CodeWeavers have managed to install BW10 with MacOs Catalina, but it is not clear they have right now the answers to solve the problems with Big Sur + M1.

Crossover itself runs smoothly in Big Sur + M1, but fails when reaching the SetUp step for BW10.

I keep contact with CodeVeaver and wait until they find/give me a valid solution.

For the record: I tried also with de Mac version (the old one and the Beta): the Beta do reach installation, but crashes when opening.

If I finally get the solution, I will post it. I would appreciate if any one in this forum have already got it.
    Last edited by franramirez; 12-23-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Default Big Sur

Dear all, since my Mac upgraded to macOS Big Sur BW 10 doesn't work anymore.
    Have been using the Bible Works since 1995. I bought the upgrade BW 9 to BW 10 November 1017, which was not cheap...
    Not the app doesn't run on my operation system at all.
    I tried out the beta-version 64k. Without success.
    Does anyone have experience how to run BW on Big Sur?
    Thanks.
    Greetings
    Eleonore

Quote Originally Posted by Eleonore Reuter View Post
    Thanks. Eleonore
    The versions of BibleWorks produced by BibleWorks that are still listed on the BibleWorks home page https://bibleworks.com/ do not work on recent Mac systems. Bibleworks only runs on Windows. BibleWorks can only run on non-Windows systems by using an emulator or virtual machine, that is, a program that functions like Windows does. The most popular choice of an emulator for Mac users as reported on the forum is Crossover. I suggest you begin reading with this post in this thread: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8092#post38092

Unfortunately it has been reported that BibleWorks no longer runs on Big Sur using Crossover. It would be best to contact Crossover directly at https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover
    In the past Codeweaver has made changes to Crossover that allows BibleWorks to run on the latest Mac OS.

If the problem is fixed, you will need to have an ISO to install BibleWorks. Media obtained from BibleWorks before it closed will not work properly now. The ISO is no longer available from the BibleWorks home page.

See this post.. https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8601#post38601
    This is a copy of that post:
    The download has been temporarily disabled because of piracy activity. The pirates point their "customers" to the BibleWorks site for the download and give them separately either pirated codes or hacked executables. The result is that the number of downloads exceeds Google limits and everyone gets locked out. I am not sure what to do about it. It is more than two years now since we closed down and the number of people needing the ISO file should be very small. If you have a legitimate need for the ISO file, send me by private message your serial number and purchase date and I will send you a link to get the file.
    Sorry for the inconvenience to legitimate customers.
    Mike
    Last edited by now john; 12-28-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Default BW10 with Crossover Seems working in Big Sur 11.2 (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleonore Reuter View Post
    Dear all, since my Mac upgraded to macOS Big Sur BW 10 doesn't work anymore.
    Have been using the Bible Works since 1995. I bought the upgrade BW 9 to BW 10 November 1017, which was not cheap...
    Not the app doesn't run on my operation system at all.
    I tried out the beta-version 64k. Without success.
    Thanks.
    Greetings
    Eleonore

Hi all,

after 15 days exchanging emails and test with crossover techs I am not successful in installing BW10 in Big Sur + M1 . I am using the latest distributed version of Big Sur, 11.1

the technicians in Crossover are using the beta test version of Big Sur (11.2), and they have installed BW10 correctly (I do not know whether it woks properly or not) I havee seen the video of the installation process and runs O.K.
    so, for me, the bad news is that I cannot use BW for now, unless we discover that there is something else than the Big Sur version preventing my Mac to install BW (could it be, for instance, the system integrity preservation tool of Big Sur?)
    the good news, Let’s hope, is that these problems may be solved when Big Sur 11.2 be released.

Thanks for the update on this matter. i am hopeful for you to get this running. I will be purchasing a new Mac this year, but have assumed that BW will no longer be a program useful to me on that machine. Apple changes things pretty quickly and I do not know if Crossover with BW can keep up without some program tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by franramirez View Post
    Letís hope, is that these problems may be solved when Big Sur 11.2 be released.

Thank you.
    Please keep us updated!

Talking It works!

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Thank you.
    Please keep us updated!
    hi, Big Sur 11.2 was released this week, and Crossover updated also its own software.

Now it was possible for me to install Bible Woks 10 at first try, without problems, on my Mac Book Air Pro with Big Sur and M1 (not Intel chip)

everything seems to be working properly.

I think these are great news for those whishing to enjoy the strength of BW search engine and its resources.

it is good news! Thanks for the update.

Default Confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by franramirez View Post
    hi, Big Sur 11.2 was released this week, and Crossover updated also its own software.

Now it was possible for me to install Bible Woks 10 at first try, without problems, on my Mac Book Air Pro with Big Sur and M1 (not Intel chip)

everything seems to be working properly.

I think these are great news for those whishing to enjoy the strength of BW search engine and its resources.

I can also confirm that the Crossover method to install and run BW10 works on my M1 Macbook Pro!
    Everything works as expected.