Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Downloadlink for the Windows ISO is dead

Quote Originally Posted by gdl View Post
    Have a new PC so need to do a new install.
    - Do have original USB media and codes.
    - Is ISO necessary? Does it just have all updates my USB may not have?
    Old media no longer works. The ISO is necessary. It contains the updated program and all add-on modules. It can be updated.

This post explains the current ISO download procedure. https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8601#post38601

This is a copy of that post.

The download has been temporarily disabled because of piracy activity. The pirates point their "customers" to the BibleWorks site for the download and give them separately either pirated codes or hacked executables. The result is that the number of downloads exceeds Google limits and everyone gets locked out. I am not sure what to do about it. It is more than two years now since we closed down and the number of people needing the ISO file should be very small. If you have a legitimate need for the ISO file, send me by private message your serial number and purchase date and I will send you a link to get the file.
    Sorry for the inconvenience to legitimate customers.
    Mike

Given the holidays it may take a while for MBuhell to respond. If you don't hear from him within a week, post back.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    To send a private message log onto the BibleWorks forum.
    Near the upper right corner of the page you will see "My Profile Settings Log Out"
    Click on My Profile
    On the left hand side of the page you will see your forum name: bsblmn and below that the default forum member icon.
    Below the icon click on Send Private Message.
    Enter MBushell in the Recipient Users box, then enter a Title, then your message, then read the Additional Options near the bottom of the page.
    Submit message.
    Wow, thanks so much for responding and so quickly too!

Old media no longer works. The ISO is necessary. It contains the updated program and all add-on modules. It can be updated.

This post explains the current ISO download procedure. https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8601#post38601

This is a copy of that post.

The download has been temporarily disabled because of piracy activity. The pirates point their "customers" to the BibleWorks site for the download and give them separately either pirated codes or hacked executables. The result is that the number of downloads exceeds Google limits and everyone gets locked out. I am not sure what to do about it. It is more than two years now since we closed down and the number of people needing the ISO file should be very small. If you have a legitimate need for the ISO file, send me by private message your serial number and purchase date and I will send you a link to get the file.
    Mike

Given the holidays it may take a while for MBuhell to respond. If you don't hear from him within a week, post back.
    Old USB no longer works?? Know why? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Know if the ISO can be copied (backed-up) once loaded, so don't have to rely on this email & download process? IOW, make a new USB for safekeeping?

Thanks much.

Old USB no longer works?? Know why? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Know if the ISO can be copied (backed-up) once loaded, so don't have to rely on this email & download process? IOW, make a new USB for safekeeping?

Thanks much.

I think you can install the old media but have not tried it myself. What I read somewhere is that it won't update.

I don't know why it was done that way. I am only a BW user not part of its staff.

The ISO should be stored and backed up. I have more than one copy of it on different drives and even at different locations.

I have also installed BW from two different ISO's and both updated to the current version. It seems that once you have downloaded an ISO it can be saved and used in the future.

One of the forum users that i helped activated a new installation of BW in the last month or so. So I know that activation is still working.

I think you can install the old media but have not tried it myself. What I read somewhere is that it won't update.

I don't know why it was done that way. I am only a BW user not part of its staff.

The ISO should be stored and backed up. I have more than one copy of it on different drives and even at different locations.

I have also installed BW from two different ISO's and both updated to the current version. It seems that once you have downloaded an ISO it can be saved and used in the future.

One of the forum users that i helped activated a new installation of BW in the last month or so. So I know that activation is still working.

Thanks again! Responses very much appreciated.

Mike did reply to PM & provide the ISO link.

As you posted years ago, ISO contains all add-ons.

Did make backup of ISO.

Thanks again for your assist!

Mike did reply to PM & provide the ISO link.

As you posted years ago, ISO contains all add-ons.

Did make backup of ISO.

Thanks again for your assist!

And thank you for the feedback.

Default Windows ISO

I followed the procedure and messaged Mike on 12/28 but haven't heard back yet...

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mythnterpret View Post
    I followed the procedure and messaged Mike on 12/28 but haven't heard back yet...

Any suggestions?
    This is Mike's post:

Mike

Did you include your serial number and purchase date?

Another user posted this on 01/01/2021: Mike did reply to PM & provide the ISO link.

Yes, I did!