Thread: Switching laptops but USB corrupt so can't load BW10 on to new one

Default Switching laptops but USB corrupt so can't load BW10 on to new one

(Just signed up for this forum, so not sure if this addressed elsewhere.) I added BW10 four years ago. Switching to a different laptop (old one about to die), but the USB I used 4 years ago is apparent worn out now (according to an IT friend this happens when it sits idle so long). I haven't figured out how to download BW10 on the new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by kenturner View Post
    (Just signed up for this forum, so not sure if this addressed elsewhere.) I added BW10 four years ago. Switching to a different laptop (old one about to die), but the USB I used 4 years ago is apparent worn out now (according to an IT friend this happens when it sits idle so long). I haven't figured out how to download BW10 on the new computer.
    Since BW closed, old installation media should not be used.
    Go to www.bibleworks.com
    Find BibleWorks 10 Installation Files near the bottom of the page. Download the ISO. It is a large file. Use it to install BW on the other laptop.

Make sure that you have all of your activation codes. They will be needed to reinstall BW. If you do not have them, they can be retrieved from the old laptop. Do that before the old laptop dies. If you need help with that, reply to this thread.

I received my laptop about a week ago. Unfortunately, the graphics card suddenly stopped working today after a blue screen with stop code "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR". The device manager is now listing the 1660 TI with a device status "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
    Last edited by addomannim; 10-06-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Hello,
    I am rather new to this, but I found that this thread answered so of my own questions, except one.
    I too am looking to transfer Bibleworks 10 to a new device, and I am glad that I now know how I hope I can do that. However, additional question is thus: My current system that I run Bibleworks on is an HP laptop, the new system I hope to get in around a year's time will be an Apple device, probably an iMac. Will there be any issues in transferring the program over or will I need to download the specific program to suit the new system?
    Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John A Morrison View Post
    Hello, My current system that I run Bibleworks on is an HP laptop, the new system I hope to get in around a year's time will be an Apple device, probably an iMac. Will there be any issues in transferring the program over or will I need to download the specific program to suit the new system? Thanks, John
    BibleWorks is a Windows program. It cannot be installed on a Mac as a Mac program would be able to be installed. Initially there was work on a BW version for the Mac. That is now obsolete.

BW can still work on a Mac. This thread is the place to begin: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8092#post38092

Look through the posts in that thread. If you have a question you might post on that thread or send a private message to one of the other posters who has reported that BW works for them using Crossover.

I do not use a Mac myself but have read almost all of the posts on the forum since BW closed. The thread above is the place to start.

The ISO from the BibleWorks home page must be downloaded. Use it to install BW into Crossover.

Make sure that you have activation codes. If you do not, they can be retrieved from your HP laptop.
    Last edited by now john; 10-11-2020 at 10:38 AM.

I haven't figured out how to download BW10 on the new computer. Nox Vidmate VLC
    Last edited by GATYRA; 11-05-2020 at 01:41 AM.