Thread: Lexicons not working in BW9 on new computer

Default Lexicons not working in BW9 on new computer

I recently bought a new computer and installed my copy of BW9 on it. It works fine, except that I can't access any of the lexicons - neither the ones installed as standard nor BDAG. If I click on a word in the lexicon section of the Resources window nothing happens, and similarly when I click on Greek/Hebrew Lexicons in the Resources menu, nothing happens either. Any ideas? Is there an installation option I could have got wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    I recently bought a new computer and installed my copy of BW9 on it. It works fine, except that I can't access any of the lexicons - neither the ones installed as standard nor BDAG. If I click on a word in the lexicon section of the Resources window nothing happens, and similarly when I click on Greek/Hebrew Lexicons in the Resources menu, nothing happens either. Any ideas? Is there an installation option I could have got wrong?
    Go to BW, Analysis Window, Resources tab, Lexicons. Are any of the lexicons checked?

Run BW, open the Analysis Window, open the Anaysis tab. Move the cursor over a verse in Greek. Does anything appear there?

If not, right click in the Analysis tab. Click on Default Analysis Window Greek Lexicons. Are any checked? If not double click on a lexicon to display it.

Does anything appear different than it was before?

I am using BW10 to write this.

If there is no help from the above steps, you could rerun the installer and use the repair option.

I was wondering, how truthful and reliable is 'A Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament' by [Friedrich] Wilhelm Gesenius?
    I have access to 2 versions, the 1846 and the 1882.
    Would you trust it?

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
    Last edited by addomannim; 09-10-2020 at 06:33 AM.