Thread: New Laptop

Default New Laptop

I have used BW for many years, since it was $99 a pop. I went from ver. 5 to 10 when they were getting ready to stop production. I finally had to retire my old laptop and bought a new one. I went to get the thumb drive to install BW and couldn't find it. I moved shortly after my wife passed away in January 2020 and I probably still have it somewhere, but who knows where? Is there any way to move the software from my old laptop to the new one?
    The Ornery Octogenarian

I got it! It may have helped that I followed the instructions in another thread for creating an essential file. Anyway, BW is up and running on my new laptop. And it has all the updates already, because I copied the whole folder from the old computer. It only took a few minutes to compile a more literal NT I made with the help of what else, Bibleworks. That compiler is nice. I really needed the new laptop. It took an hour to copy the folder to a thumb drive, and about five minutes to copy it to the new HP.
    The Ornery Octogenarian

Do a windows defender scan once a week. I'm probably a minority in the computer community but I don't believe that you need any antivirus beyond defender. It actually works really well as long as you don't download anything stupid.
    I can't really think of anything that is a "must do" beyond those two things. CCleaner is great for keeping your hard drive decluttered though, that's something you may want to install. Not absolutely necessary though. Install what you need and use.
    As a side note though, you may want to give the Opera browser a try. It has built in adblocking and VPN, and it runs better than any other browser I've tried. I love using Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin Opera, and it's the one thing I've missed about Windows ever since making the switch to ChromeOS.