Thread: Running Bibleworks 10 on Catalina with Crossover

Default Running Bibleworks 10 on Catalina with Crossover

I have installed Crossover and BibleWorks 10 to run on my MAC. The program appears to open and run ok but when I try to add Greek or Hebrew versions that were added during installation to the Display on the general settings or to My Favorites, and click OK, the program crashes. The only ones I am adding are those displayed under "active". I have had no problems in the past with Bibleworks 10 with this setup but it seems to not be working correctly with the Crossover/Catalina change? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by markvandoren View Post
    I have installed Crossover and BibleWorks 10 to run on my MAC. The program appears to open and run ok but when I try to add Greek or Hebrew versions that were added during installation to the Display on the general settings or to My Favorites, and click OK, the program crashes. The only ones I am adding are those displayed under "active". I have had no problems in the past with Bibleworks 10 with this setup but it seems to not be working correctly with the Crossover/Catalina change? Any ideas?
    I sent you a private message.

Default Help for me too?

I am thinking to update my Mac OS to Catalina. Does BibleWorks work in it? Can the Greek and Hebrew "display apps", which were talked about in this thread, work? Are there other problems?

What is that Crossover? Did I post this to the right threader, or should I start another thread without this crossover thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Luther View Post
    I am thinking to update my Mac OS to Catalina. Does BibleWorks work in it? Can the Greek and Hebrew "display apps", which were talked about in this thread, work? Are there other problems?

What is that Crossover? Did I post this to the right threader, or should I start another thread without this crossover thing?
    I suggest you begin reading with this post in this thread: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8092#post38092

Look through older posts in that thread. If you have a question you might post on that thread or send a private message to one of the other posters who report that BW works for them using Crossover.

I do not use Mac myself but have read almost all of the posts on the forum since BW closed. The thread above is the place to start.
    Last edited by now john; 10-06-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Default Using Bibleworks on Mac OS Catalina with Crossover for Mac

Bibleworks will work on Catalina using Crossover for Mac. I purchased it for a friend and it is working for him. The only thing is iy will require a reinstall of Bibleworks after you install it. The process is pretty painless and they have a free trial you can download below. And it can be purchased starting at $39.99.

https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover

Default Big Sur & BW 10

[QUOTE=Steven MacDonald;38602]Bibleworks will work on Catalina using Crossover for Mac. I purchased it for a friend and it is working for him. The only thing is iy will require a reinstall of Bibleworks after you install it. The process is pretty painless and they have a free trial you can download below. And it can be purchased starting at $39.99.

https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover[/QUOTE

Will Bible Works 10 work with Catalina AND the new upgrade Big Sur with Crossover?