Thread: TWOT in BW10

Default TWOT in BW10

I've had my BW10 for a while but only just got a computer to do the upgrade on and I've realised that TWOT is missing. I've used BW since version 8, upgrading to 9 and then to 10 but I never got upgrade codes for TWOT. Perhaps it was in the confusion of the shutdown. Is there a way to get it back? It was a very valuable resource.

When you bought BW10 you got a BW10 unlock code/serial number (BW10- followed by a bunch of characters).
    If you bought it as an upgrade to BW9, the same email with the BW10 unlock code should have included an unlock code/ serial number for "Upgrade from BibleWorks 9" (UP09- followed by a bunch of characters). This enables TWOT, and a number of other things.

Note that to get all the updates to BW10 you need to install BW10 using the ISO file downloadable from BW10, rather than the file you purchased.

--Jim

Thanks for responding, I bought my BW10 from Morphalex, the resellers in the UK. The order receipt email I received makes no mention of any codes at all. All I have is what was printed in the box that arrived which is a single BW10 code.
    I received the installation on a USB stick - should I still download the ISO? And, since Morphalex seem to be out of business too, is there any way to resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by jgwalker View Post
    Thanks for responding, I bought my BW10 from Morphalex, the resellers in the UK. The order receipt email I received makes no mention of any codes at all. All I have is what was printed in the box that arrived which is a single BW10 code. I received the installation on a USB stick - should I still download the ISO? And, since Morphalex seem to be out of business too, is there any way to resolve this?
    Do you have receipts or activation codes for an earlier version of BW? Do NOT use the installation that you received on a USB stick. It has been superseded by the ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Do you have receipts or activation codes for an earlier version of BW? Do NOT use the installation that you received on a USB stick. It has been superseded by the ISO.
    The situation has progressed somewhat: I have a full disk image of the computer where I had BW9 running (which has now succumbed to a hard disk failure). I found that I was able to move TWOT from it to my new BW10 installation. I believe that is morally justifiable since, as I understand it, I should be licensed to continue using it.

However your comments about the ISO concern me. I installed from the USB stick, using the printed code in the box. Afterwards, when I realised there was a problem I read a lengthy thread here about using the ISO vs the supplied installation and I must confess to being none the wiser about what the situation is. Does the ISO simply contain a newer version of the installation or have there been material changes to the activation process? The installation I performed is functioning but is there a issue waiting to blow up? The normal update process seemed to download a new exe and some other files in the normal way after the install. I'm currently showing version 10.0.8.755 (32)

For completeness, to answer your other question, I have always bought BW from Morphalex and I have an email receipt for the upgrade from 8 to 9 which did, indeed, include an activation code - is that helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by jgwalker View Post
    The situation has progressed somewhat: I have a full disk image of the computer where I had BW9 running (which has now succumbed to a hard disk failure). I found that I was able to move TWOT from it to my new BW10 installation. I believe that is morally justifiable since, as I understand it, I should be licensed to continue using it. However your comments about the ISO concern me. I installed from the USB stick, using the printed code in the box. Afterwards, when I realised there was a problem I read a lengthy thread here about using the ISO vs the supplied installation and I must confess to being none the wiser about what the situation is. Does the ISO simply contain a newer version of the installation or have there been material changes to the activation process? The installation I performed is functioning but is there a issue waiting to blow up? The normal update process seemed to download a new exe and some other files in the normal way after the install. I'm currently showing version 10.0.8.755 (32) For completeness, to answer your other question, I have always bought BW from Morphalex and I have an email receipt for the upgrade from 8 to 9 which did, indeed, include an activation code - is that helpful?
    Because you owned BW9 you have a legal license to use TWOT. When BW closed, an announcement was made that for new installations of BW the ISO from the home page should be used, not the media previously distributed. I have repeated that since it came from the owner-chief programmer. I have never made an installation from older media and compared it with an installation from the ISO to discover if it does make a difference.

Thank you for all your help. I believe that I will continue with my installation as is on the basis that there must have been a number of users who had BW installed from the fixed media before they shut down and none of them will have reinstalled.
    It's a testament that there's still such an active and helpful community here so long after the closure of the company

I saved my old twot files on a backup drive. When I upgraded to my new machine last year, I used the latest ISO download from the BW site. I installed it, dropped the twot files into the database folder, and the twot module works without incident.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.