Thread: About BibleWorks keys.

Default About BibleWorks keys.

Hello,

If I found BibleWorks keys for free on the internet, is there a problem to use them (according to you and the Bible) ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    Hello, If I found BibleWorks keys for free on the internet, is there a problem to use them (according to you and the Bible) ? Thanks.
    In the OT if you found a lost animal, it did not become yours. It was to be returned to its owner. That is, it could not be used as if you were the owner. The license gives only the owner the right to use BW. It could not be given be away on the internet to be used by multiple owners.

Hmm… I see, but by taking the example of the wife and the husband we can see that if the husband died then the wife can be married to another man.

So if the BibleWorks company doesn't exist anymore then does anyone still under the BibleWorks laws ? I'm not sure of that …

So if originally BibleWorks said that a key must be for one personne only and that BibleWorks died, then a key could be for several persons, (at least if the key checking algorithm permits it) right ?

I mean the one who bought the key still have hers in a such case so, there's no theft a priori, right ?

And if the key checking algorithm doesn't permit that several persons use the same key, then maybe some people succeeded to bypass the key checking algorithm and got a big list of keys that no one bought ? If BibleWorks doesn't exist anymore then there's no theft right ? So in this such case where could the problem be ?

Hmm… I see, but by taking the example of the wife and the husband we can see that if the husband died then the wife can be married to another man. So if the BibleWorks company doesn't exist anymore then does anyone still under the BibleWorks laws ? I'm not sure of that … So if originally BibleWorks said that a key must be for one personne only and that BibleWorks died, then a key could be for several persons, (at least if the key checking algorithm permits it) right ? I mean the one who bought the key still have hers in a such case so, there's no theft a priori, right ? And if the key checking algorithm doesn't permit that several persons use the same key, then maybe some people succeeded to bypass the key checking algorithm and got a big list of keys that no one bought ? If BibleWorks doesn't exist anymore then there's no theft right ? So in this such case where could the problem be ?
    Such a provision exists in the copyright law. Last time I checked copyrights last for about 75 years and then the public is free to use the material but not until then, even if the copyright holder died the day after the copyright was obtained. The copyright law makes it theft!
    Last edited by now john; 06-19-2020 at 09:05 AM.

If the original owner (the husband) is dead then you can marry his BW (wife). But no more than one person can not marry her!
    Chas

Hmm… I see, but by taking the example of the wife and the husband we can see that if the husband died then the wife can be married to another man.

So if the BibleWorks company doesn't exist anymore then does anyone still under the BibleWorks laws ? I'm not sure of that …

So if originally BibleWorks said that a key must be for one personne only and that BibleWorks died, then a key could be for several persons, (at least if the key checking algorithm permits it) right ?

I mean the one who bought the key still have hers in a such case so, there's no theft a priori, right ?

And if the key checking algorithm doesn't permit that several persons use the same key, then maybe some people succeeded to bypass the key checking algorithm and got a big list of keys that no one bought ? If BibleWorks doesn't exist anymore then there's no theft right ? So in this such case where could the problem be ?
    Legalism much??

You CANNOT use it, legally, morally, ethically or Scripturally.

Since you seem to like legalism, tell me, if someone steals a cow (the BW key perhaps), then sells it to you (as you described), and you discovered the cow was stolen, is the cow yours? If you discover the original owner was dead, is the cow yours, or does it legally belong to the estate of the original owner?

Stop hand-picking Scripture verses to support your desire to own something for little/no cost. And also stop conflating earthly legality with Scripture.
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 06-20-2020 at 10:27 AM.