Thread: BibleWorks development

Default BibleWorks development

Hello !

THANKS FOR THE SOFTWARE YOU MADE !

However, I donít have enough money to buy a key

I was thinking : if you donít sell anymore BibleWorks then why not make BibleWorks 10 free ?

And also, why not make BibleWork open-source, available for example on Github ? If itís open-source then maybe some people would develop it for Linux !

Please, donít throw out what youíve done for 26 years.

Thanks.

Gustav.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    Hello !

THANKS FOR THE SOFTWARE YOU MADE !

However, I don’t have enough money to buy a key

I was thinking : if you don’t sell anymore BibleWorks then why not make BibleWorks 10 free ?

And also, why not make BibleWork open-source, available for example on Github ? If it’s open-source then maybe some people would develop it for Linux !

Please, don’t throw out what you’ve done for 26 years.

Thanks.

Gustav.
    The question has been asked and answered before. The short answer is copyrighted material is deeply interwoven into the program. That material could not be distributed for free. It would need to be removed first. If what was left could run at all, it would be a dim shadow of what it is now.

If I did not own BW, I would use TheWord, https://www.theword.net/
    Last edited by now john; 06-11-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Ok I see thanks (but the copyright should be removable or editable no ?).

Thanks also for theWord.

Ok I see thanks (but the copyright should be removable or editable no ?). Thanks also for theWord.
    Taking the copyright material out of BW would be like taking all your bones out of your body. Even if you continue to live, you couldn't do much!

I was talking more about removing or editing the copyright itself than the copyrighted materials.
    Last edited by Gustav; 06-19-2020 at 07:24 AM.

I was talking more about removing or editing the copyright itself than the copyrighted materials.
    Are you talking about simply removing the copyright notice from the material, or editing it to say something else, and then using the material as you wish? I'm not a lawyer, but I think that would be illegal. At any rate, you shouldn't do something like that without checking on what the law is.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia