Thread: Stats Help

Default Stats Help

When I run a word or phrase search from the command line the Stats window will not give me number of hit is book or % of hits in book, or any of the hits options. This has been going on for a while. I have Always compute hits for command line searches checked in the flags. When I try to choose #hits in book in the Stats window I get this a pop up window that says:
    When this search was performed, only verses were counted. To count matches, redo the search as a phrase search, or enable hit counting in the GSE or Command Line. Note that stats generated from the USE Tab do not count matches (for performance reasons).

Chas
    Last edited by Chas; 06-09-2020 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    When I run a word or phrase search from the command line the Stats window will not give me number of hit is book or % of hits in book, or any of the hits options. This has been going on for a while. I have Always compute hits for command line searches checked in the flags. When I try to choose #hits in book in the Stats window I get this a pop up window that says:
    When this search was performed, only verses were counted. To count matches, redo the search as a phrase search, or enable hit counting in the GSE or Command Line. Note that stats generated from the USE Tab do not count matches (for performance reasons).

Chas
    My instance of BW is working as expected. Sometimes I do get the error message you mentioned but by clearing the command line and search, then selecting the third option in the hits list: % vss in bk with hit/vss in bk, rerunning the previous search which worked this time, and then returning to the second choice: # hits in bk, I could run the search again and get it to work normally without the message appearing. You might see if that procedure or something like it would work for you. In case it doesn't, I have added the repair procedures below.

Sometimes the BW ini file gets corrupted and can cause a problem like you are experiencing. With any repair it is likely that some settings will be lost but should be able to be manually restored.

If I were in your situation, I would see if a checkpoint exists and would try restoring it. Then run BW and see if the problem is fixed.

If not, I would create a checkpoint and close BW. Then I would start BW by holding down the shift key and clicking on BW1000.exe in the root BW folder. An Options menu will appear. Then I would delete the main BW ini file. That is the first option in that window. Then I would run BW and see if the problem is fixed. If it is, most of the other settings would need to be manually reset. If it isn't, a complete uninstallation and reinstallation of BW might be necessary to fix it.

If that would be too much work, use the checkpoint feature and restore BW to its current state.

It is a good idea, when BW is working normally to create checkpoints occasionally to revert to if something does get corrupted.
    Last edited by now john; 06-09-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Default Concerning Checkpoints

If you choose to restore to an earlier checkpoint, I would recommend that you start by restoring just the Initialization file and Context file. (the context file contains the details of your Search Window tabs; when you restore the Initialization file BW sometimes deletes all the Context files, so it would be good to copy all of your .swc files from BibleWorks 10/init to a directory other than BibleWorks 10.)
    If you restore the Executable you will probably go back to an earlier version of the program, which you probably don't want to do.

--Jim

Thanks all, I restored to an earlier check point unclicking the executable file. It seems to have worked. I lost my tab setting which is no big deal. The version stayed the same10.08.755. I assume from this that I still have all the updates to the presenttime. Is that correct? I use a year and a half old check point. Again, Thanks!

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    Thanks all, I restored to an earlier check point unclicking the executable file. It seems to have worked. I lost my tab setting which is no big deal. The version stayed the same10.08.755. I assume from this that I still have all the updates to the present time. Is that correct? I use a year and a half old check point. Again, Thanks!

Charlie
    You may be able to restore your tab settings. Open BW, right click on the row of tabs under "Search Window." Click on "Save Tabs to disk." BW stores the tab settings file with the extension .swc. The file is in init folder of BW or in the users\%username%\init folder. It depends on how your computer is set up. You could open FileExplorer and navigate to the BW folder, default location is c:\program files (x86)\BibleWorks 10. If there is no subfolder named users, then the .swc files are stored in c:\program files (x86)\BibleWorks 10\init. If you store what you have now, you could open BW and right click on the row of tabs and click on "Load tabs from Disk." You could try them one at a time and see if any work. If they don't, load the one that you saved above.

It is a good idea to save tab setting occasionally as well as check points.

The current version of BW is 10.0.8.755. You should still have all of the updates, but it would not hurt to check for updates.

Glad it is working.