Thread: BibleWorks 10 doesn't run on my Windows 10

Default BibleWorks 10 doesn't run on my Windows 10

I downloaded the version 10 iso and successfully installed BibleWorks, but it doesn't run at all. The system doesn't even report any error. The splash screen appears for a few seconds and goes off. Any help, please? God bless you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoQuist View Post
    I downloaded the version 10 iso and successfully installed BibleWorks, but it doesn't run at all. The system doesn't even report any error. The splash screen appears for a few seconds and goes off. Any help, please? God bless you for your time.
    Is the OS Windows 10?

Is this the first installation of BW10 on the OS or was there a previous installation?

What security software is installed?

Reboot the computer and try running BW again.

Open FileExplorer, find BW1000 in the BW root folder, usually c:\program files (x86)\BibleWorks 10. Hold down the shift key and double click on the file name. Run as administrator if necessary. BibleWorks Trouble-Shooting Options will appear. Select Option 1, Delete the BW1000.ini file, then the box below it - Perform the selected options... Try starting the program again.

If that doesn't work, you could try using the installation ISO and run the restore option.

If nothing above works, this may help: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...7702#post37702

I can't remember a case in the two years since BW closed where BW was not able to be successfully reinstalled and run as expected. But there have been times where it was not an easy procedure.

Post back if nothing above works.
    Last edited by now john; 06-08-2020 at 09:51 PM.