Thread: Fatal crash import

Default Fatal crash import

Hi there.

Just tried to import some custom modules with the result that BW10 encountered a serious error.
    When I restarted it, all my user settings (changes to the interface) were reset to standard.
    If anyone would tell me how I can find the log files I will post them.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by RaulAlonso View Post
    Hi there.

Just tried to import some custom modules with the result that BW10 encountered a serious error. When I restarted it, all my user settings (changes to the interface) were reset to standard. If anyone would tell me how I can find the log files I will post them. Regards
    I am not sure even if logs could be found that they would help restore BW. I suggest removing any custom modules from BW. Then use the Checkpoint menu to try to restore BW. See this post: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...8297#post38297

If that doesn't work you may need to manually reset BW. After that use the Checkpoint feature and create a backup. Then import the modules one at a time and make sure each one works before adding another.

If the main toolbar was reset, the settings for that are stored in the registry at HKCU\Software\BibleWorks. I don't know if a checkpoint recovers that information. But exporting that key would backup those settings.
    Last edited by now john; 06-04-2020 at 10:16 AM.