Thread: It stopped analyzing

Default It stopped analyzing

My BW10 stopped analyzing words in the ANALYSIS WINDOW. The Lexical entries show up but the analysis of words is just a white space several lines long.

Quote Originally Posted by ddyke View Post
    My BW10 stopped analyzing words in the ANALYSIS WINDOW. The Lexical entries show up but the analysis of words is just a white space several lines long.
    It may be helpful to see a screen shot of the problem.

In case you haven't already done this, close BW, reboot the computer, and see if the problem is still there.

A simple fix that might work would be to use the Checkpoints that BW creates. Run BW, select File, Checkpoints, Exit and Save Checkpoint. That way you will have a way of returning to the current state of BW. That would be helpful if someone else knows of a better way to fix the problem. Then you can afford to make these changes and will be able to return to BW as you have it now and then apply the better procedure.

If there are no other checkpoints you cannot use it to restore normal function. If one or more exist, revert to the newest checkpoint first and test if that fixes the problen. If not, try the next one.

If no checkpoints help, close BW. Open FileExplorer, find BW1000 in the BW root folder, usually c:\program files (x86)\BibleWorks 10. Hold down the shift key and double click on the file name. Run as administrator if necessary. BibleWorks Trouble-Shooting Options will appear. Select Option 1, Delete the Bw1000.ini file, then the box below it - Perform the selected options...
    If it fixes the problem, make a new checkpoint and make a new checkpoint after changing any settings in the future.

Otherwise you could try using the installation ISO and running the restore option. If that does not help, a reinstallation may be necessary. Make sure to backup user changed files before doing that. But I would wait a day or more to see if any else can help. Again, a screen shot may help.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stopped analyzing words in the ANALYSIS WINDOW". If you mean the lines at the top of the Analysis Window where, for Greek versions, the form, morphological analysis, and lemma are displayed, try this:
    With the Lexicon entries displayed, right click in the Analysis Window.
    The context menu that will pop up should have a line near the bottom "Enable Parsing Info for Greek and Hebrew"
    If this line does not have a check mark in front of it, click on the line.

--Jim

Default Thanks

What Jim Wert suggested worked.

Thanks, ddyke, for letting us know the outcome.
    --Jim

My BW10 stopped analyzing words in the ANALYSIS WINDOW. The Lexical entries show up omegle but the analysis of words is just a white space several lines long.
    If you mean the lines at the top of the Analysis Window where, for Greek versions, the form, morphological analysis, and lemma are displayed, try this: With the Lexicon entries displayed, right click in the Analysis Window
    Last edited by daukaskia; 06-20-2020 at 10:46 AM.