Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Link to large IOS installer no longer works for BibleWorks 10 owner

Quote Originally Posted by praetor View Post
    I'm downloading from South Africa. Unfortunately, our bandwidth is not nearly as fast as those in the US and EU. Iíve tried various download managers without success; and the capacity of my Google Drive and One Drive is limited to 15G. Iíve even tried Power Shell/OAuth scripting.
    The existing torrent is for BW10r6 only.
    I require a torrent link for the final version BW10r7, please.
    Add it as alternative links to the Google Drive links on your site for future use of all your disadvantaged clients in third world countries for future use. Please. We will all appreciate it.
    Regards, and thank you
    Since BW is no longer in business most likely a torrent link will not be added to the BW home page. Perhaps the person that created the BW10r6 torrent could create a new one for r7.

You could use a 32GB USB as the target of the downloaded file. That would remove the !5GB limit you mentioned.

I have used FDM to download large files. There have been reports of the successful download of the BW ISO taking days. If the download is broken, most file managers should be able to restart it.

Default Macbook Pro (macOS) + Catalina - help on installation (Windows side)

Dear BW Users,
    I am needing some guidance/assistance. Like many who are Mac users, having upgraded to macOS Catalina on a Macbook Pro, I today downloaded (a second time since last Winter--that did not work) the new DMG (x64bit) BW10 installer program. After turning off my Firewall & anti-virus, I attempted to re-open, but BW10 would not do so.

So, I downloaded (again) the CodeWeavers "CrossOver" program and ran this. However, I confess to being a little lost knowing which Application to select (BibleWorks) is not an option (apparently) when trying to 'unpack' the Internet Explorer and other files.

I would very much appreciate learning what steps are necessary to even get to the CodeWeavers trial edition (14-days). Previous attempts to download and run last Winter were unsuccessful. Calling CodeWeavers (and leaving a message) resulted in a generic email reply with directions to buy the program and THEN get support.

If someone would be able to assist I would greatly appreciate it. My doctoral work and other project would also benefit.

Most sincerely,
    Alistair
    Ph.D. candidate

Quote Originally Posted by textcritic View Post
    I downloaded (again) the CodeWeavers "CrossOver" program and ran this. However, I confess to being a little lost knowing which Application to select (BibleWorks) is not an option (apparently) when trying to 'unpack' the Internet Explorer and other files. I would very much appreciate learning what steps are necessary to even get to the CodeWeavers trial edition (14-days). Previous attempts to download and run last Winter were unsuccessful. Calling CodeWeavers (and leaving a message) resulted in a generic email reply with directions to buy the program and THEN get support. If someone would be able to assist I would greatly appreciate it. My doctoral work and other project would also benefit. Most sincerely, Alistair Ph.D. candidate
    BW has been closed for over two years now. The two Mac programs listed on the BW homepage are practically useless. This link is the best source of information: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...-the-impatient I do not own a Mac or would create a step by step procedure. But it seems that CrossOver seems to work well for most Mac users. I think if you start with the newest post in that thread and work toward the oldest you will find the information that you need. If not, post back. Please make it clear what steps you followed that seemed to work and at what point things stopped working.