Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link to large IOS installer no longer works for BibleWorks 10 owner

Default Link to large IOS installer no longer works for BibleWorks 10 owner

I wish to install BibleWorks 10 on a new computer but the link to the large IOS installer no longer works (Google says "Page not Found"). I have all my codes for version 10, BDAG, HALOT and other resources and can prove that I am the original owner of version 10 since 2018. Who can I turn to and email for help? Thanks. Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickBailey View Post
    I wish to install BibleWorks 10 on a new computer but the link to the large IOS installer no longer works (Google says "Page not Found"). I have all my codes for version 10, BDAG, HALOT and other resources and can prove that I am the original owner of version 10 since 2018. Who can I turn to and email for help? Thanks. Nick
    BW is closed. There have been reports that the two files below from the BW home page no longer work on the current Mac OS.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iw4..._hbqQvqoY/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Flg...CO7lbP0bH/view

I just tested the two links above that are from the BW home page. Both downloaded as expected but reportedly do not work on the latest Mac OS update. At this point in time the best method of installing BW on a Mac is to use CrossOver as described in the thread below. The most useful information is closer to the end of the thread (the most recent posts).

https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/se...archid=3137108

link to CrossOver

https://www.codeweavers.com

A Google search on "CrossOver Mac" coupons list a number of discount coupons, some 35% off.
    Last edited by now john; 04-16-2020 at 07:15 PM.

John, thanks for the reply. However, I am not setting this up on a Mac. but on a PC (Windows 10 OS). Before trying the links you posted for downloading a huge ISO, could you tell me if that would be the relevant file (even if the download does work)? Thanks. Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickBailey View Post
    John, thanks for the reply. However, I am not setting this up on a Mac. but on a PC (Windows 10 OS). Before trying the links you posted for downloading a huge ISO, could you tell me if that would be the relevant file (even if the download does work)? Thanks. Nick
    Then you only need to download the ISO. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ezW...OPuicPdHUb18kB

Depending on the quality and speed of your internet connection, it may be helpful to use a download manager to get the ISO.

If you have enough room on the PC, the best method of installing BW is to extract the ISO to a folder and then use setup.exe in that folder to make the installation. To do that you would need more than 50GB free space, half for the extracted ISO and the other half for the BW program and files. Otherwise the ISO can be extracted to a USB drive and the installation made from there. Installing from the mounted ISO also usually works. Usually the ISO can be mounted by double clicking it in File Explorer (or right clicking and selecting the Mount option). The ISO will then appear as a new folder in File Explorer.

After you've confirmed a valid download, save it somewhere. That's what I did. I was glad I did when it came time to load it on my new machine.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

John & Dave, thanks for the tips. Pheew! The download worked and I was able to setup up BibleWorks on my new laptop! I'm very grateful for your help! I'll be sure to save the huge ISO file this time. Nick

Default Google drive error

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
    Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file that you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

May you please be so kind to provide a torrent link as an alternative to the Google Drive option?

Regards, and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by praetor View Post
    May you please be so kind to provide a torrent link as an alternative to the Google Drive option?
    As far as I know no such torrent link is available. During the past two years since BW closed the link on the BW home page has frequently become unavailable but so far has always been restored after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by praetor View Post
    Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
    Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file that you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Regards, and thank you!
    At the present moment (shortly after 12:00 noon Eastern Time, May 17, 2020), the download does seem to be visible and available. As now john said, when there's a lot of activity it may get paused for awhile, but it does come back.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    At the present moment (shortly after 12:00 noon Eastern Time, May 17, 2020), the download does seem to be visible and available. As now john said, when there's a lot of activity it may get paused for awhile, but it does come back.
    I'm downloading from South Africa. Unfortunately, our bandwidth is not nearly as fast as those in the US and EU. Iíve tried various download managers without success; and the capacity of my Google Drive and One Drive is limited to 15G. Iíve even tried Power Shell/OAuth scripting.
    The existing torrent is for BW10r6 only.
    I require a torrent link for the final version BW10r7, please.
    Add it as alternative links to the Google Drive links on your site for future use of all your disadvantaged clients in third world countries for future use. Please. We will all appreciate it.
    Regards, and thank you