Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bhq

  1. #1

    Default Bhq

    I just noticed that BHQ was missing from my Bibleworks, the license is still active but it no longer appears as a version in my Hebrew versions list.

    Is there anyway to fix this?
    HaMilim.netronix.com

  2. #2

    Default

    Does anyone know if there is any way to get a hold of someone from Bibleworks that might be able to help with this issue?
    HaMilim.netronix.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benelchi View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any way to get a hold of someone from Bibleworks that might be able to help with this issue?
    From https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...2851#post32851
    The Biblia Hebraica Quinta text and extensive apparatus has been added to the Stuttgart Original Languages package. Currently, only Deuteronomy, Ezra, Nehemiah, and the Megilloth are published. The free patch updates the SOLO/SOLM Modules with the latest BHQ files. It is available only for people who have purchased the SOLO or SOLM add on module.

    The Gospel of Thomas (Greek, Coptic, English, etc.) have been added to the Stuttgart Original Languages package. Searchable text and PDF facimiles of the print edition are included. The free patch updates the SOLN/SOLM Modules with the latest Gospel of Thomas files. It is available only for people who have purchased the SOLN or SOLM add on module.
    All of the add-on modules should be included in the ISO and so should be available using the procedures below.

    Run BW as an administrator. In the main menu click on File, Activate Database.
    See if SOLO/SOLM is in the list of databases. If not click on Options, Add new activation code and add the activation code. It should then appear in the Activation Manager list. Click Activate all resources via Internet (manual activation is no longer available). I just activated four resources on a new installation of BW and they all worked.

    In case that does not work, run the setup file in the ISO as administrator. Select Modify. Then select Yes to enter a new activation code. Add the codes and continue.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    475

    Default It might not be missing

    Quote Originally Posted by benelchi View Post
    I just noticed that BHQ was missing from my Bibleworks, the license is still active but it no longer appears as a version in my Hebrew versions list.

    Is there anyway to fix this?
    The Stuttgart Original Languages Module is described in chapter 26 of BW10 Help. The blue items are things added by updates since BW10 was introduced.

    To access the BHQ you need to have purchased the SOLO (Stuttgart Original Languages Module, OT), and have downloaded the updates that contained BHQ unless you used the new ISO (There were several updates as Stuttgart released bits and pieces of BHQ.).

    Assuming that you have done this, the SOLO module includes BHQ only in Windows Help format, not as a version that can be displayed in the Browse Window. (There is a BHS version in SOLO that can be displayed in the Browse Window).

    BHQ is designed to be displayed in the Vs1 or Vs2 tab of the Analysis Window. The critical apparatus displays there very nicely, with commentary in popups.
    You can see the substantial front matter by
    (1) clicking on the "Expand" button in Vs1/Vs2
    or
    (2) Main Menu / Resources / Text Criticism / BHQ, Critical Apparatus

    --Jim

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787

    Default

    And, just for clarity, BHQ is listed in the Vs/2 dropdown as "BHQ Apparatus"; but it does include the text verse by verse.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    And, just for clarity, BHQ is listed in the Vs/2 dropdown as "BHQ Apparatus"; but it does include the text verse by verse.
    Thanks for your reply. This was my issue. I had been looking for the BHQ text in the versions list. When you posted this response, I remembered that it was never there but had forgotten. While I still use Bibleworks from time to time (i.e. the tagged manuscripts exceed anything offered by anyone else, and there are some searches that are far easier in Bibleworks), I haven't had reason to use BHQ in Bibleworks for some time. Once reminded, I checked and all of my BHQ is there.

    Thanks!
    HaMilim.netronix.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benelchi View Post
    Thanks for your reply. This was my issue. I had been looking for the BHQ text in the versions list. When you posted this response, I remembered that it was never there but had forgotten. While I still use Bibleworks from time to time (i.e. the tagged manuscripts exceed anything offered by anyone else, and there are some searches that are far easier in Bibleworks), I haven't had reason to use BHQ in Bibleworks for some time. Once reminded, I checked and all of my BHQ is there.

    Thanks!
    Glad you found it. This was a cumulative effort. I followed now john's and Jim's leads, and in fact when you first raised the question I too looked among the versions for BHQ, even though I saw the apparatus in Vs2. I'd forgotten that Vs1/Vs2 was how to access it; and that the whole thing, albeit in an awkward format, can only be gotten through the expand button in Vs2/1 or through the Resources > Text Criticism menu. I use BibleWorks all the time, but just hadn't had occasion to work in the few books that the BHQ module contains. All in all, good that it's sorted out, and a worthwhile process of recollection.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •