Thread: copy search results as link

Smile copy search results as link

Hello,
    I work with BW 10 under Win10.
    I would like to copy the results from the search window or from the Verse List Manager as a link into the editor or into Notes.
    I know the options:
    Copy Verse List + Text
    Copy Selected Results List Verse
    Copy Browse Window Verses
    Open Popup Copy Window
    Copy Verse List (No Text)
    But not: copy results as link!

Is there a way?
    With kind regards, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by klapehau View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to copy the results from the search window or from the rent a car rent a car dubai girls hostel Verse List Manager as a link into the editor or into Notes.
    I know the options:
    Copy Verse List + Text
    Copy Selected Results List Verse
    Copy Browse Window Verses
    Open Popup Copy Window
    Copy Verse List (No Text)
    But not: copy results as link!

Is there a way?
    With kind regards, Peter

Hello can you share an image about the problem also as it will help us to solve it fast for you. thanks.

Smile copy problem

Dear saraselsara,
    thank you for your interest.
    Here the images:

Name:  copy.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  128.4 KB

When I do: "copy verse list (no text)" the verses in search window will copy in editor (or Notes), but without link, they are not linked !
    Unfortunately this is also the case when I copy verses from the verse list manager!
    I need the verses as links!

Is there a chance to do this?
    Can they help? I would be very happy, as I work a lot with BW10. It is the best!
    Sincerely, Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello,
    I would like to copy the results from the search window or from the Verse List Manager as a link into the editor or into Notes.
    Is there a way?
    With kind regards, Peter
    I have not used links in the BW editor, so I may be missing something more knowledgeable users would suggest.
    Maybe you use this already, but the best way I could figure out was this:
    Click on the first verse in the Search Results Window, to make it the current verse.
    Make sure that the "Add/Modify Hypertext Link" button is visible in the button bar of your editor/notes window. It has a picture of three chain links and a down-pointing arrow. Click on that button and select "Insert Current Verse as Link".
    Click on the second verse in the Search Results Window, and repeat the process.
    Etc.

Note that the popup will use the version that was you search version when you created the link.

I hope this is of some help.

--Jim

Smile copy problem

Dear Jim, thank you for your answer. I'm familiar with that path. But it's very complicated when there are many verses. So I thought there might be a more convenient solution. Pity. Thanks anyway.
    Best regards, Peter

Dear Jim, thank you for your answer. I'm familiar with that path. But it's very complicated when there are many verses. So I thought there might be a more convenient solution. Pity. Thanks anyway.
    Best regards, Peter
    As far as I know the functionallity you want is not available in BW. It seems that it would be fairly easy to write a script, a small computer program, that would do what you want.
    The method would be for you to first create a verse list and save it as a vls file. The script would convert the list to a bww file that would contain hyperlinks to each verse in the list. The bww file could be opened in a separate editor window and all or part of the list copied into notes or an editor window.

list.vls.txt
    list.bww.txt

I could not upload the sample bww file and vls file that I made so I changed them into text files that would upload. If you save the two files above to your hard drive, then rename them by deleting the ".txt" extension, you can open the vls file in the BW verse list manager. Then open the bww file in the BW editor. You should then be able copy the links out of the first editor window and use them. If it works or there are problems, let me know. Then I can write a script that should work for you and the number of verses in the list could be as large as you want, not just the three in the test sample.

Default copy problem

Dear John, thank you for the tip. If it worked, it would solve my problem. Unfortunately, I've only come so far:

Name:  copy.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  155.8 KB

The link don't work. Could this be because the abbreviations "DUE ABYM" and "DUE DMT" are not recognized by BW?
    What can I do?
    Sincerely, Peter

Dear John, thank you for the tip. If it worked, it would solve my problem.
    I sent you a private message. I am also attaching two new test files.

list1.vls.txt

list1.bww.txt

Red face Copy problem solved!

Many thanks to all who have thought about this for me.
    A special thanks goes to John. He has brought about a solution with great effort and has become a blessing to me!
    Thank you very much!
    Peter