Thread: Updates after Reinstalling BibleWorks 10

Question Updates after Reinstalling BibleWorks 10

I had problems with my Computer and had to reinstall BibleWorks. The installation worked, but if I look for updates inside the program now I get no suggestions... And there have been a lot of updates since I bought this version! And also a new german translation (LUT 2017) which I use a lot, had been available through an update...
    Is there another way to come to the updates? Some link for a download?
    Thanks for your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilia View Post
    I had problems with my Computer and had to reinstall BibleWorks. The installation worked, but if I look for updates inside the program now I get no suggestions... And there have been a lot of updates since I bought this version! And also a new german translation (LUT 2017) which I use a lot, had been available through an update... Is there another way to come to the updates? Some link for a download? Thanks for your help!!
    I am assuming that you reinstalled using media that you received from BW. After BW closed such media became obsolete. The installation of old media works but will not update. You must download the ISO from the BW homepage. Older updates are already included in the ISO and it has the ability to download updates made since BW closed. Run the old installation media in the same way you did to make the installation. Choose to uninstall BW. Then completely delete the BW folder. Reboot the computer. Download the ISO and use it to make a new installation of BW. Then reboot the computer. Then update it.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    I am assuming that you reinstalled using media that you received from BW. After BW closed such media became obsolete. The installation of old media works but will not update. You must download the ISO from the BW homepage. Older updates are already included in the ISO and it has the ability to download updates made since BW closed. Run the old installation media in the same way you did to make the installation. Choose to uninstall BW. Then completely delete the BW folder. Reboot the computer. Download the ISO and use it to make a new installation of BW. Then reboot the computer. Then update it.
    If you have notes, verse lists, word lists, or other things that you have created in BW, that you still have on your computer, you should not delete the BW folder. I have not had to reinstall BW, but I think the re-installation will not affect user-created or user-modified files. Probably it is a good idea to back up your BW folder just in case.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    If you have notes, verse lists, word lists, or other things that you have created in BW, that you still have on your computer, you should not delete the BW folder. I have not had to reinstall BW, but I think the re-installation will not affect user-created or user-modified files. Probably it is a good idea to back up your BW folder just in case.

--Jim
    Jim is correct. Backup any user-created or user-modified files.

It is also essential to completely remove the old BW folder. Often in my experience, when re-installation fails, it succeeds after the BW installation media is used to uninstall BW a second time and then the old BW folder is removed (which had not been done the previous time). A way to do this is to rename the old BW folder to "BibleWorks 10 old." You must make sure that you have room on your computer for both the old and new BW folders on the drive. If not, a 32GB USB drive can be purchased for about $10. That should be large enough to backup the old BW folder.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Thanks a lot for your instruction! I did exactly what you told me. But the link to download the ISO file does not work... My activation code was accepted but instead of a link I read this: "
    If you are using a download manager, the link for your download is Couldn't get download link."
    Do you know, what I should do?
    Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilia View Post
    Thanks a lot for your instruction! I did exactly what you told me. But the link to download the ISO file does not work... My activation code was accepted but instead of a link I read this: "
    If you are using a download manager, the link for your download is Couldn't get download link."
    Do you know, what I should do? Thanks again!!!
    I am not sure what happened. The activation code does not need to be used until after the ISO is downloaded. Perhaps you could repeat the procedure and take screen shots of the screen where the activation code was accepted and of the other error messages that followed. But do not post a screen shot that displays your activation code.
    Last edited by now john; 04-02-2020 at 02:33 PM.