Thread: BibleWorks 10 not running anymore on Windows 10

Default BibleWorks 10 not running anymore on Windows 10

Hello all,

BibleWorks 10 stopped running on my PC some time last summer (I can't remember when exactly and have only now gotten around to asking for help). When I try to run it, I get the loading screen and it does some initialising but then freezes. The main program never opens. This is version 10.0.8.335 on Windows 10 64 bit. I've tried running it in compatibility mode to no avail.
    Unfortunately, reinstalling isn't an option since I originally bought BibleWorks 8 (which still works fine!) and later got an update to v10 through my employer at the time.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Can anybody think of a fix? It would be great to continue using v10 as opposed to v8.

Thanks in advance,
    Bonifratz

If you can find the unlock code for BW10 which your employer gave you, you can download the entire program (see another thread in these Forums on how to do that) and install that, using your unlock code. This assumes that you were not just using the employer's code while on that premises. In the latter case, you would either have to keep using BW8, or try to purchase an unlock code from someone who is willing to stop using it himself. See the first thread in the Forums for that. I have no idea why your copy of BW10 is freezing. Sorry.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bonifratz View Post
    BibleWorks 10 stopped running on my PC some time last summer.
    Has anyone experienced similar issues? Can anybody think of a fix? It would be great to continue using v10 as opposed to v8.Bonifratz
    I have helped others recover from similar problems since BW closed. I would be glad to help you. If you send me a private message with your email address I will reply. Direct contact through email works more efficiently than making contact through the forum.

John