Thread: Magic for corrupt Notes files?

Default Magic for corrupt Notes files?

Does anyone know a magical way to de-corrupt corrupt Notes files?

The behaviors include displaying numbers or bullet lists without the numbers or bullets, and changing font. You can see both in the attached Hosed Note File, where the font from Robertson is, well, hosed; and the numbered list isn't.

I'm hoping for anything better than pasting the whole thing into Notepad, deleting the file, then starting over again resetting all the links and fonts and formats.

Name:  Hosed note file.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  70.1 KB

Thanks for your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    Does anyone know a magical way to de-corrupt corrupt Notes files?

The behaviors include displaying numbers or bullet lists without the numbers or bullets, and changing font. You can see both in the attached Hosed Note File, where the font from Robertson is, well, hosed; and the numbered list isn't.

I'm hoping for anything better than pasting the whole thing into Notepad, deleting the file, then starting over again resetting all the links and fonts and formats.

Thanks for your time
    Your question is difficult to answer without more details.
    Is the problem only with this note, with many notes, or with all BW notes?
    Does it only affect BW notes or other BW files?
    Does it affect any files outside of the BW folder?
    Do You have any idea how the corruption occurred?
    It seems likely that it is only a font issue.
    If the root problem can be identified, it might be simple to fix all of the notes at one time.
    Could you copy that note and create a link for it and post it or email it to me?
    Could you make a new identical (or close to identical) note as it should be and also post a link for it or email it to me?
    Do you have a backup that would contain the note? Is it also corrupted?

John
    Last edited by now john; 02-12-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks; the quick answers I have is that this happens occasionally to individual notes files. It isn't universal.

Mike once mentioned that it seems to happen when something's been copied from MS Word. I have sometimes done thatócopied into Word, done some editing, then copied back into BW.

Usually if I'm having problems with the font in a paragraph, "rinsing it out" (data laundering?) via Notepad will work. But that failure of Numbering or Bullets will apply to the whole file, anywhere I try to create one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    Thanks; the quick answers I have is that this happens occasionally to individual notes files. It isn't universal.

Mike once mentioned that it seems to happen when something's been copied from MS Word. I have sometimes done thatócopied into Word, done some editing, then copied back into BW.

Usually if I'm having problems with the font in a paragraph, "rinsing it out" (data laundering?) via Notepad will work. But that failure of Numbering or Bullets will apply to the whole file, anywhere I try to create one.
    Could you copy that note and create a link for it and post it or email it to me?
    Could you make a new identical (or close to identical) note as it should be and also post a link for it or email it to me?
    Are you saying that you can never create numbering or bullets in a BW note?