Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hebrew not displaying in Search line

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default Hebrew not displaying in Search line

    I have not used BW (version 9) in a few months and came back to it today. I tried to search for Elohim in Hebrew and the Hebrew letters will not display in the search line. The search results seem to come back correct, as you can see in my screen capture, but it is very difficult to type the search correctly when the Hebrew letters do not display. To the best of my recollection, this was all working correctly the last time I used BW9.

    I have spent an hour trying everything I can think of to correct this, without success. Can someone help? Thank you

    Name:  2020-01-17_08-45-24.png
Views: 187
Size:  375.6 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    468

    Default

    I think the answer is this: The command line does many things, not just searches. For example, the d(isplay version) command, which require the normal English font. To signal a search (and switch the font to Hebrew or Greek) the first character in the command line must be one of ./';

    Hope this solves it for you.
    --Jim

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Jim, Thank you for your reply. The first character (the Swedish A) is what is appearing when I type a period to begin the search. If I switch back to an English text (NAU, for example), the period will show correctly. So it has something to do with the Hebrew font.

    I have BWhebb set as my font for Hebrew. So it is a wierd thing. Thank you for your kindness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    I think the answer is this: The command line does many things, not just searches. For example, the d(isplay version) command, which require the normal English font. To signal a search (and switch the font to Hebrew or Greek) the first character in the command line must be one of ./';

    Hope this solves it for you.
    --Jim

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Sorry, TimM, that Swedish capital A should have triggered me, but it is so long ago that I met it that I didn't twig to what was happening.

    It looks like you somehow got into "Reveal Text Mode", which displays the underlying ASCII text that BW uses internally. Click in the command line to get the cursor there, then key in (all held down at the same time) Shift/Ctrl/PgDn. This toggles between "Normal Text Mode" and "Reveal Text Mode". See the Help, probably Chapter 35, "The Command Line - Greek and Hebrew", Section "Reveal Text Mode". BW10 allows one to do this with the context menu from right-clicking in the command line, but BW9 seems to require the key combination.

    Hope this is more helpful.

    --Jim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •