Thread: Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament

Default Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament

Hi all
    I purchased version 10 before the shutdown, but have noticed that I don't seem to have the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament anymore. (had it in Version 8)

Do you know if it was removed at some point for licensing reasons? If not, I suppose I have to find my BW8 codes to reactivate it. I hope!

Don Johnson
    Jer 33.3
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaGrace Baptist Church of Victoria
    aaaaaVictoria, BC
    Jeremiah 33.3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Hi Don,
    TWOT was dropped from BW10.
    The Quotation below from BW10 Help, section 5 "What's New in BibleWorks 10", explains what happened. If you bought BW10 as an upgrade from BW8 you will have received 1 or more unlock codes for stuff that were in BW8, but have been dropped from BW9 or BW10, and can use them to unlock TWOT (and probably some other stuff). If you just bought BW10 stand-alone, not as an upgrade, you don't have access to TWOT.

Items Removed from BibleWorks 10
    (compared to BibleWorks 9)
    Occasionally items are removed from BibleWorks, either because they have become obsolete or because we were unable to renew licenses at rates that are fair to our users. In hard economic times all licensors understandably want to maximize income. However, we do not as a rule pass along increases to users so the price of BibleWorks can be kept affordable. This means unfortunately that on occasion some items must be dropped or, in a few cases, turned into extra cost add ons. Items removed from the BibleWorks base package in BibleWorks 10 are as follows:

• Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, Harris, et als
    • Moody Bible Atlas, Beizel
    • CNS Romanian Bible (we will restore this version if certain copyright issues can be resolved)
    • French Jerusalem Bible (FBJ) (we will restore this version if certain copyright issues can be resolved)
    • The Afrikaans versions A83 and AFR

If you are upgrading from BibleWorks 9 you can obtain unlock codes for these items free of charge. They will not be available to new purchasers of BibleWorks 10.

Upgraders from BW7 and before (as well as those, as mentioned, from BW8 and BW9) will also be sent module codes for texts that were in their versions but which donít appear in BW10

Default Twot

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    Hi all
    I purchased version 10 before the shutdown, but have noticed that I don't seem to have the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament anymore. (had it in Version 8)

Do you know if it was removed at some point for licensing reasons? If not, I suppose I have to find my BW8 codes to reactivate it. I hope!

Don Johnson
    Jer 33.3
    When you purchased BW10, if you purchased as an upgrade from BW8, you should have received a code giving you access to BW8 databases not in BW10. If that is not the case e-mail me privately and I will send you the code. You would need to rerun setup an choose modify to add the code.

Mike

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    When you purchased BW10, if you purchased as an upgrade from BW8, you should have received a code giving you access to BW8 databases not in BW10. If that is not the case e-mail me privately and I will send you the code. You would need to rerun setup an choose modify to add the code.

Mike
    I guessed that is what happened, I will check what I have and get back to you. I think I purchased it as an upgrade, but I'll double check.
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaGrace Baptist Church of Victoria
    aaaaaVictoria, BC
    Jeremiah 33.3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Default Twot

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post

Mike
    I have BW10, so would I be able to purchase TWOT? Also, since the last upgrade I haven't been able to find the hamburger icon that toggles between a single version display of multiple verses and a multiple version display of a single verse. Is that gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lantz View Post
    I have BW10, so would I be able to purchase TWOT? Also, since the last upgrade I haven't been able to find the hamburger icon that toggles between a single version display of multiple verses and a multiple version display of a single verse. Is that gone?
    Don't know about buying TWOT with BibleWorks out of business. But regarding the second issue, you're the second person to report this. The earlier report kind of hijacked an unrelated thread, but is answered in this post and the one following it: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...7233#post37233.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lantz View Post
    I have BW10, so would I be able to purchase TWOT?
    BW10 dropped TWOT, I assume because of licensing issues, and TWOT was not offered as an extra-cost add-on, unlike some other things that were dropped from earlier versions. The only way to get it in BW10 was to buy BW10 as an upgrade from an earlier version. (I know that TWOT was in BW7-BW9; I don't know about earlier versions.)
    The only possible way I can see to get it would be to buy a BW10 license from someone who bought it as an upgrade, so the upgrade activation code(s) would be included.

--Jim

Default Upgraded from Bibleworks 9.0 to 10.0 but did not receive TWOT activation/unlock code

Hi Mike (hopefully you get this),
    I am still an active user of Bibleworks and just loaded my 10.0 version. I upgraded from Bibleworks 9.0 to 10.0 but did not receive the TWOT activation/unlock code. I noticed that you said in an earlier post that you would send this activation code for people who upgraded. Is this still available? If so, how do I reach you to get it?
    Thanks, Jim

Default Upgrade code

Quote Originally Posted by jimgreenberg View Post
    Hi Mike (hopefully you get this),
    I am still an active user of Bibleworks and just loaded my 10.0 version. I upgraded from Bibleworks 9.0 to 10.0 but did not receive the TWOT activation/unlock code. I noticed that you said in an earlier post that you would send this activation code for people who upgraded. Is this still available? If so, how do I reach you to get it?
    Thanks, Jim
    Send me a private message with your BW10 activation code, e-mail address, when you purchased and as much other information as you can provide. I will try to get you the upgrade code.

Mike