Thread: Popup Box has strange appearance

Default Popup Box has strange appearance

I had to reinstall BibleWorks on my computer and all of a sudden the popup window in the Browse Window comes up with strange letters. For instance: I hover over a word and the Greek (or Hebrew) definition comes up but has some unusual characters. If I hover over the Greek word ἄχρις (Gal. 3;19) the popup box has "a;cri as far as. . ." If I hover over "ignorance" in Numbers 15:24 the popup box has "07684 hg"g"v. shegagah." This happens with Greek words as well. Is there anything that can be done. I am thinking there was an update that might correct this but I have no idea where they are found if they are available. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouparson View Post
    I had to reinstall BibleWorks on my computer and all of a sudden the popup window in the Browse Window comes up with strange letters. For instance: I hover over a word and the Greek (or Hebrew) definition comes up but has some unusual characters. If I hover over the Greek word ἄχρις (Gal. 3;19) the popup box has "a;cri as far as. . ." If I hover over "ignorance" in Numbers 15:24 the popup box has "07684 hg"g"v. shegagah." This happens with Greek words as well. Is there anything that can be done. I am thinking there was an update that might correct this but I have no idea where they are found if they are available. Thank you for your help.
    If you open the BGT in the browse window, do you see Greek or the strange letters. If it is strange letters, try this:

Close BW. If you have not rebooted the computer since you installed BW, reboot now. Then hold down the shift key and use the mouse to click to start BW.
    "BibleWorks Trouble Shooting Options" should appear.
    Find Option 2. Click on Reinstall fonts now. Then click on "Perform selected actions & exit." A popup window should appear: "BibleWorks fonts have been reinstalled." Click OK.
    Check to see if the problem is gone.

If not, run Windows as an administrator. Reboot the computer, run the procedure above, reboot the computer and see if it helps. If you usually do not run as an administrator, return to a standard user account and then reboot.

If this doesn't work, post back and report which operating system you are using, which version of BW you are installing, and if it is BW10, what you used to install BW. When you reinstalled BW, did you uninstall BW first? Did you completely remove the BW folder. If not, you may need to use the installation media to uninstall BW, then completely remove the BW folder, reboot the system, and reinstall BW, using the ISO, not your original installation media.

FYI, to check for updates, on the main toolbar click Tools, Options, Updates.
    Last edited by now john; 12-28-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Default Popup Box has strange appearance

Thank you John. I was not able to reinstall the fonts but I followed your advice and uninstalled the program and reinstalled and all is well now. Thank you so much. Have a great New Year. I find that BW is one of the best programs available for Bible exegesis. Too bad someone can't reinstate it and make it available to more people.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouparson View Post
    Thank you John. I was not able to reinstall the fonts but I followed your advice and uninstalled the program and reinstalled and all is well now. Thank you so much. Have a great New Year. I find that BW is one of the best programs available for Bible exegesis. Too bad someone can't reinstate it and make it available to more people.
    You're welcome.

May you also have a great New Year.