Thread: Lost Activation Code

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Lost Activation Code

My old computer died. At about the same time, in 2017, at age 70, and after 42 years of being a pastor I stepped down from full time ministry. I now find that I once again have a genuine need for something like BiblreWorks, but I no longer have my original disk or the activation code. I only have my old User Name and Password for the BibleWorks website. Not much use. I see that I can download an installation file, but without the activation code that's not much use either. I am disappointed on several levels at the discontinuance of this good software and the closing down of the company. On a purely selfish level, I am especially disappointed because I cannot go on the website and confirm my ownership of the product, nor can I speak with someone there to get assistance.

Can you help? Please?

There are a couple things, at least, that you can do:-

1. Depending on how your old computer died, you can recover the activation code from it. All BW files (including the code) should be contained in the harddisk (or one of them if you had more than one harddisk). So, if it is not the harddisk that died but rather the motherboard (or PSU or whatever other hardware components), then you can try to retrieve the code.

2. Give your full name with other proof of identity (via private email to protect privacy) to Glenn Weaver (whom visits this forum sometimes) and he might be able to confirm if you are a current registered owner and might be able to send you your code. This is purely my wild guess.

BTW, how come your 'Join Date' of this forum shows 'Dec 2019' and your post count is only '2'? Use your old User Name and Password to log into this forum instead of creating a new one.
    Last edited by shalommatt; 12-19-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Default Activation Code

Quote Originally Posted by DJFinKC View Post
    My old computer died. At about the same time, in 2017, at age 70, and after 42 years of being a pastor I stepped down from full time ministry. I now find that I once again have a genuine need for something like BiblreWorks, but I no longer have my original disk or the activation code. I only have my old User Name and Password for the BibleWorks website. Not much use. I see that I can download an installation file, but without the activation code that's not much use either. I am disappointed on several levels at the discontinuance of this good software and the closing down of the company. On a purely selfish level, I am especially disappointed because I cannot go on the website and confirm my ownership of the product, nor can I speak with someone there to get assistance.

Can you help? Please?
    Send me a private message and I will try to help. I need as much information as you can provide, like e-mail address, where you purchased BW, what version of BW, full name and mailing address.

Mike