Thread: Help with iso file

Default Help with iso file

OK. I have a Mac, and since I updated to Catalina I can't run BW. So I deleted BW off my hd, because I had a backup iso. This morning I purchased a copy of Parallels. But when I try to install from the iso, Windows wants to reformat the drive it's stored on. What am I doing wrong? Is there a step-by-step procedure for installing BW on a Windows machine from an iso file? Or, if the file is somehow corrupt, can I re-download it? Any help would be appreciated!

Fr. Gregory Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by stoic01 View Post
    OK. I have a Mac, and since I updated to Catalina I can't run BW. So I deleted BW off my hd, because I had a backup iso. This morning I purchased a copy of Parallels. But when I try to install from the iso, Windows wants to reformat the drive it's stored on. What am I doing wrong? Is there a step-by-step procedure for installing BW on a Windows machine from an iso file? Or, if the file is somehow corrupt, can I re-download it? Any help would be appreciated!

Fr. Gregory Hogg
    Since windows wants to reformat the drive the ISO is stored on when you try to mount it, download 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html. Install it in Windows 10 on Parallels on your Mac. Use 7-Zip to extract the ISO to a folder in parallels or on an external drive. If 7-zip cannot extract it, you will probably need to download the ISO again. Then extract it with 7-zip and find BWCheckDisc.exe inside that folder and run it. It checks the integrity of the download and extraction. It will take a while. If no bad files are found, then use setup.exe in that folder to install BW.

If you have a slow internet connection and only one or two bad files are found and the rest are good, pm me and I could help you just get those replaced without redownloading the whole ISO. Then you could use them to replace the bad files in the extracted folder.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Since windows wants to reformat the drive the ISO is stored on when you try to mount it, download 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html. Install it in Windows 10 on Parallels on your Mac. Use 7-Zip to extract the ISO to a folder in parallels or on an external drive. If 7-zip cannot extract it, you will probably need to download the ISO again. Then extract it with 7-zip and find BWCheckDisc.exe inside that folder and run it. It checks the integrity of the download and extraction. It will take a while. If no bad files are found, then use setup.exe in that folder to install BW.

If you have a slow internet connection and only one or two bad files are found and the rest are good, pm me and I could help you just get those replaced without redownloading the whole ISO. Then you could use them to replace the bad files in the extracted folder.
    I downloaded the program and it won't open the iso. Is there an address to re-download the iso?

I downloaded the program and it won't open the iso. Is there an address to re-download the iso?
    I suggest that you follow this procedure:

Download the FreeDownloadManager from http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm and install it. Install the FreeDownloadManager Extension into the Chrome browser. Enter chrome://extensions into the address bar in Chrome to search for the extension and then make sure that the extension is enabled.

Open the FDM program itself, then settings.
    Make sure that Browser Integration, Chrome is checked.
    Make sure that Using the Alt key, Don/t catch downloads when Alt is pressed is selected. (Or reworded, automatically catch all downloads.)
    Keep FDM open.
    Go to the BW homepage, https://www.bibleworks.com, in Chrome. Go to the Downloads section. Click on the ISO file, "Click here." It will open the download page on Google Drive. Click on download. A new page about viruses may popup. Click again on Download. FDM should automatically take over the download. In the FDM program you will see a line for the BW10_rev7.iso download and a larger window at the bottom. They inform you about the download and the location where the downloaded file is stored.

The download was not available yesterday, but usually becomes available again in a day or so, maybe even today.
    Last edited by now john; 12-02-2019 at 01:50 PM.

I finally got Windows 10 installed and verified. I also added the download manager to Chrome. Now when I click on the link for the iso file, it says that access is denied. So now what?

I finally got Windows 10 installed and verified. I also added the download manager to Chrome. Now when I click on the link for the iso file, it says that access is denied. So now what?
    Could you take an image of the screen that says access is denied, or at least quote the statement? Was this a message from Windows, from the Mac OS, or from Google drive? Sometimes the download is not available and then you just need to wait.

Default Good news and bad news

I've downloaded the file from Google drive. But when I go to enter the activation code, it's not right. It begins BW10, but in the third series it has five characters instead of 4. I'm mystified, because I copied-and-pasted it when I made the purchase. Can somebody help me, please? PM would be fine. Thanks!