Thread: Installing on my mac

Question Installing on my mac

My son just gifted me an older mac desktop that is running Mojave. I just tried to install the mac version of Bibleworks 10 from the jump drive and it is asking for updates. Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go to make this work? I've been using the program since v. 5 and hate to lose it.

On Mojave, the installer should work out of the box. What is your problem exactly?
    Can you install without the updates? Can you install, but the program keeps asking? Why don't you actually update...? You didn't give us much to go on...

Quote Originally Posted by TheoOhi View Post
    My son just gifted me an older mac desktop that is running Mojave. I just tried to install the mac version of Bibleworks 10 from the jump drive and it is asking for updates. Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go to make this work? I've been using the program since v. 5 and hate to lose it.
    Since BW closed new installations need to be made from the ISO (not a jump drive with an older version of BW on it) and other files on the BW home page. That ISO has the updates already in it. The updates that are being asked for are no longer available as they are in the ISO. Use the jump drive to uninstall BW. Completely remove the BW folder after the uninstallation. Reboot the computer and then use the ISO to make a fresh installation. That is how it would need to be done on a PC. I don't know if the Mac installer would need to uninstalled as well. But the old BW installation needs to be completely removed. If not the reinstallation often fails.